Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Burst
Today I have come up with a review on one of my most favourite teal blue matte eye shadow from Illamasqua. Burst is a complete winner and a cult favourite among several makeup artists. Do check the pictures and review to know better.
About Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow:
- Each of these glorious colours makes a statement that is as individual as you are. Highly pigmented, prepare for an intensity that’s not just colour-true but extremely long-lasting. Experiment and be bold.
We’ve made every effort to ensure the colours on screen are as close as possible to the actual product colours. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Photographs and swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
- Use a long bristle brush for blending and a shorter bristle brush for precise colour placement. Mix Powder Eye Shadow with Sealing Gel for colour-intensification, and apply with an Angled Eye Liner Brush for unlimited eye liner opportunities. They can also double up as blushers or contours, whilst shimmer textures can be used as a highlighter on the eyes, face and body.
Price: £15.50 for 2 g. You can buy similar shade eyeshadow from Flipkart.com here .
Burst– Blue green matte finish
Talc, dimethylimidazolidinone rice starch, mica, aqua (water), propylene glycol, magnesium myristate, octyldodecanol, isopropyl myristate, glyceryl stearate, peg-150, phenoxyethanol, ricinus communis oil (ricinus communis (castor) seed oil),cetearyl alcohol, quaternium-26, silica, methylparaben, glyceryl ricinoleate, cera carnauba (copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax), candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax), ethylparaben, sodium cetearyl sulfate, stearic acid, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), propylparaben, tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine,paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax), parfum (fragrance) and may contain: [+/- titanium dioxide ci 77891, iron oxides ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499, carmine ci 75470, ultramarines ci 77007, yellow 5 lake ci 19140, blue 1 lake ci 42090, bismuth oxychloride ci 77163, manganese violet ci 77742, ferric ferrocyanide ci 77510, red 40 lake ci 16035, chromium oxide greens ci 77288, chromium hydroxide green ci 77289] (eu exclusive shades may contain: ci 12085, ci 15850, ci 45380, ci 15985, ci 73015, ci 45410, ci 77266) may contain carmine as a colour additive. Stop use if irritation occurs.
My Take on Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow Burst:
Packaging: Illamasqua eye shadow comes in a compact square pan packaging with a transparent see through cover. Information regarding the shade and brand is mentioned at the back of the pan. No mirror or eye shadow applicator is provided with it. Its travel friendly and quite sturdy.
Shadewise: Illamasqua Burst is a pretty teal blue shade. Illamasqua describes burst as a blue green shade. However I feel burst is somehow different from the shade shown in their website. Burst is not an exact teal blue shade and it has no green tones to it.
Pigmentation & Blendability: Illamasqua burst eye shadow is a richly pigmented shade. I do not need to layer it up much like other matte eye shadows. It blends easily and does not crease much.
Texture & Finish: It has silky matte texture and Its not at all chalky like usual matte shades. There is absolutely no fall out. I have hardly found any matte shadow equivalent to Illamasqua one in terms of quality. It comes with matte finish.
Staying Power: This matte eye shadow is pretty long staying and stays on my eyes for nearly 4 hours without an eye primer. With a primer this shade stays for some 5 hours +
What I liked about Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in Burst:
- -Burst is a pretty popping teal blue shade.
- -These are intensely pigmented shades.
- -Comes up with silky satin matte finish.
- -Several shades are available ranging from browns, blues, yellows to reds and pinks.
- -Shadows come in several finish like matte, shimmer, pearl and metallic.
- -Quantity provided is pretty good, it will last for a long period.
- -It stays on my eyes for 4-5 hours with no creasing.
- -Intensity of the shade fades evenly.
- -I did not experience any fall out with it.
- -It blends easily.
What I did not like Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Burst:
- -Its not easily available.
- -Its price is on higher side.
- -It contains parabens.
- -No eye shadow applicator is being provided with it.
- Packaging: 5 out of 5
- Shadewise: 5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 4.75 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 4.75 out of 5
- Staying Power: 4.5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.75 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? I will surely buy these shadows in several shades for over and over again.
My Overall Recommendation: There are so many shades in this range with different finish and texture that you will be spoilt for choices.
Have you tried Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Burst?
You might like to read:-
- Anushka Sharma’s Styish Look In PK
- Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Lovely Review & Swatches
- 10 God & Goddess Tattoo Designs
- My Recent Hair Color Experience
- NYX Stick Blush 06 Orchid Photos and Swatch
- 10 Beautiful Celebrity Chuda You Must Check Out
- Lakme Lip Love Lip Care Tinted Lip Balm Peach And Strawberry Shade & Swatches
- 20 Best NYX Products You Must Try