Real Techniques Your Finish/Perfected Kabuki Brush
Today I want to review one of the kabuki brushes from Real Techniques which is a unique angled kabuki with folding- unfolding mechanism. I have several kabuki brushes from well known brands, so did this brush enter my HG list? Please read my review to know more about it.
What the company says?
The final step is a perfect finish. Use my kabuki brush closed for powder, then unfold to sweep on color for high definition results.
- Look pixel perfect even in harsh light.
- Ultra plush taklon bristles.
My Experience with Real Techniques Your Finish/Perfected Kabuki Brush-
Packaging: Real techniques 2 in 1 kabuki brush comes encased in a plastic box with the face of Samantha Chapman printed at the back of the box and information regarding the make of the brush is mentioned just below the picture of Samantha. Overall I liked its packaging, but it could be better.
Make of This Brush:
Real technique 2 in 1 kabuki brush is a unique kabuki brush and quite different from the ones available in market. It is an angled kabuki brush and can also be unfolded to use it as a fan brush for bronzer and highlighter application. Its a multipurpose kabuki brush with ultra plush, soft, cruelty free, synthetic taklon bristles. It has a broader base with the logo of real techniques printed on it. Once it is unfolded, it also snaps back firmly due to magnetic lock.
Taklon is used as a “green,” “vegan,” “allergy free” or synthetic alternative to animal hair brushes. Taklon brushes are more hygienic than real hair brushes. Natural hair has an irregular surface which traps powders, dead skin cells, bacteria and chemicals. Cleaning may not remove all these particles. Taklon lacks these surface irregularities, making it easier to clean properly.
But I faced issues of staining with this brush, it retained the stain of the blush even after washing it thoroughly. It also loses its perfect angled shape with usage.
Application: Real techniques your finish/perfected 2 in 1 kabuki brush can be used for blusher application. It is an angled kabuki and hence makes blusher application quite easy. Its a fluffy soft brush and picks up right amount of product each time. Its neither too big nor too small, it looks cute. Bristles are very soft and not very firm, I wont say bristles are loose like the eco tool kabuki brush but not firmly packed. It can be used for powder application, and can be unfolded to use it as contour brush. I feel once unfolded it can be used for blending the harsh lines after contouring. If you have a small face, it cannot be used for contouring as the brush is quite fluffy and wont give you precise application. It can be used for contouring the jawline.
What I liked about Real Techniques Your Finish/Perfected Kabuki brush?
- Its a cruelty free product
- It contains synthetic taklon bristles.
- It can be used for powder, blush and bronzer application.
- It can be unfolded to use for contouring.
- There was no shedding of bristles with washing.
- Bristles are very soft and blend products well.
- Its available at many Indian sites these days.
What I did not like about Real Techniques Your Finish/Perfected Kabuki brush?
- The rubberized print on kabuki base fades with subsequent washes.
- Kabuki brush loses its shape after 2-3 wash.
- I wish bristles were denser.
- One has to pay huge custom and shipping charges while purchasing from international sites.
- It cannot be used for precise contouring but to blend the harsh lines.
- Bristles get stained and retain it even after thorough washing.
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Availability: 3.5 out of 5
Price Factor: 4 out of 5
Overall Rating: 3.8 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Its a good brush no doubt but I won’t be repurchasing it. I will buy kabuki brush from some other brand next time.
My Overall Recommendation: I would recommend you guys to check this out if you are looking out for an angled kabuki brush for powder, bronzer and blusher application. This is a good brush and does not shed with subsequent washes. I would not say this is the best kabuki I have ever used, but its reliable.
Have you tried Real Techniques Your Finish/Perfected Kabuki Brush?
You may also like to read:-
- Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow Pearl 393 Review & Swatches
- 10 Beauty Benefits Of Oranges
- NYX Single Eyeshadow in Peach Bronze Review & Swatches
- 10 Beautiful Must Have Nail Polish Shades For The Fall
- 2 Upcoming Jordana Powder Blushes in Sweet Honey & Blushing Rose
- Why You Should Have Never Say Die Attitude