We have covered almost every cheek product from the balm – Cabana Boy Blush, Hot mama Blush, MARY Lou Manizer ,CINDY Lou Manizer , BETTY Lou Manizer and what not? And , now it’s time to share their InStain blushes which debuted sometime last year , before we say good bye to this year let me complete the reviews for 4 shades I have and today I’m sharing the shade – Houndstooth .
Size – 5.5 gm,
Price – 1400 /- INR, Available at thebalm site, Amazon and strawberrynet.com
You can buy similar shade blush from Flipkart.com here
My experience with TheBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth:
Shade – Houndstooth is cool toned plumy pink shade with soft satiny sheen to it, it is not flat out matte shade and have a soft subtle pearly sheen not shimmer. The colour is most gorgeous out of the four I tried and feel it will suit most of the skin tones easily.
Texture – The texture of these blushes are finally milled and doesn’t feel too powdery, however as they are so soft you needed to pick this with very light hand and dust off excess before applying .
Interesting fact – As you all know the balm is very creative in their packaging and names , this time they have named them on textile patterns and you can see “HOUNDSTOOTH” pattern on the box which is a duotone textile pattern characterized by broken checks or abstract four-pointed shapes (WIKI) .
Pigmentation – The pigmentation is gorgeous and you need a just slight bit of tap on blush to get the colour , however if you swirl your finger in pan you may feel it is hard but it’s not stiff at all.
Staying power – On my oily skin tone it stays easily for 7 plus hrs and then fades slightly but that too evenly. In pictures here am wearing this with The balm CINDY Lou manizer so you can see there is beautiful highlighter on top of the cheeks although it didn’t altered the shade of the blush much .
What I like about TheBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth:
- The shade is gorgeous in pan and on cheeks.
- The best thing is the price of these blushes.
- The packaging is light weight and handy but some may not like cardboard packaging.
- The pigmentation is gorgeous.
- The staying power is awesome.
- They fade evenly without looking patchy.
What I don’t like TheBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth:
- They are not easily available in India
Ratings – 4.5/5
Recommendations – TheBalm is famous for their cheek products and trusts me we are going to cover them all sooner or later, they are awesome in every aspect and the best part is the price range and above all they offer 50 % off at times which is a blessing for a makeup lover. The instain blushes are again stunner and must have from thebalm if you love blushes and this particular shade is out an out wonderful shade.
Have you tried TheBalm Instain Blush in Houndstooth ?
You might like to read:-
- 10 Best Hairstyles For Thin Hair
- Maybelline Hyper Glossy Electrics Eyeliner in Gold Iation Review & Swatches
- 5 Lancome Rouge In Love Lipsticks Shades & Swatches + Video
- 10 Honey Face Packs That You Should Definitely Try
- Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow Pearl 393 Review & Swatches
- 10 Beauty Benefits Of Oranges