How To Treat & Soothe Dry Skin
Dry skin is a very common problem faced by us, and the chilly winters make it even worse. We spend so much on products from the markets in the hope to soothe and treat dry skin, but nothing seems to work perfectly. But do you know that this problem can be treated with the help of some very common ingredients in our house without costing a bomb?
Here are some useful tips which you can follow.
Firstly, know the reason behind:
- Dry air is one of the common reasons for dry skin, especially during the winter. Dry air pulls away the moisture from the skin and leaves the skin looking dull and lifeless. Low temperature, low humidity and strong and harsh winds worsen the skin condition.
- Prolonged exposure to hot water washes away the natural oils our skin excretes which help in keeping skin soft and naturally moisturized.
- Dehydration of skin is caused when we don’t have adequate water intake.
- Excessive use of soaps, harsh detergents and utensil cleaners can also make skin dry by removing the natural oils.
- Overdoing your applying face-pack and scrubbing routine.
- Sometimes we inherit the tendency to have dry skin. Our skin may not be able to hold onto moisture very well. May be our skin produces less oil, which means we can’t retain water on your skin as you once could.
- Our sweat glands may not produce as much moisture as other people’s.
- Certain medical condition and the drugs can also make your skin dry.
- Egg yolk and honey: Egg yolks are jam-packed with nutrition and honey is among the oldest natural beauty products used to treat health, skin and body. Beat an egg yolk with a spoon of honey, apply on face and wash off after 15-20 minutes. you can also try this coffee infused egg yolk pack as well. Read Here.
- Banana pack: Mash banana and mix it with a spoon of honey and milk powder. Don’t eat it. Apply on face and dry areas, massage gently and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
- Oil therapy: Take some olive or almond or sesame oil or coconut oil or the mixture of all these oils and massage the body prior to bathing. A hot oil massage will work even better. This will make the skin soft and smooth and will retain the moisture post bath.
- Yogurt: You can apply plain curd or mix with honey. Apply on face and dry areas, massage gently and wash off after 30 minutes. This face pack will not only soothe your dry skin, but will also remove tan and make skin super soft and supple.
- Honey: You can apply plain honey or mix with milk or any other ingredient of your choice. Apply on face and dry areas, massage gently and wash off after 30 minutes. You can apply this everyday without worrying.
- Milk cream: Mix a few drops of lime and two spoons of milk cream, massage gently on face and rub onto your hands and legs.
- Aloe Vera: Mix aloe Vera pulp, honey and fresh cream/curd into a smooth paste. Make sure the quantity of Aloe Vera is more than the rest two. Apply on face and dry areas, massage gently and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Lightly exfoliate skin once a week, no rough scrubbing. Use homemade scrubs that have a rich moisturizing base.
For homemade scrub recipe, click here
- Never use any face-wash or soap right after using homemade packs.
- Wear rubber gloves when using detergents.
- Opt for warm water instead of hot water.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Use natural homemade soaps that don’t contain harmful ingredients.
- Eat oily fish like salmon, tuna, forage fishes, they are a good source of vitamins A and D, and are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help in accumulation of natural oils and thus alleviating dry skin.
- Sweating leads to opening up pores, this eventually helps the natural oil to come up to the surface and moisturise skin.
- Keep a moisturiser handy, always.
- Make changes in your diet. Eat foods rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Milk, eggs, cream, nut, mushroom, carrots, cucumber, tomato, leafy vegetables and oranges are some of the nutrient rich foods that can d wonders.
Follow these tips to soothe dry skin. The faster, the better.
Do you have dry skin? How do you care for your skin?
You might like to read:-
- Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Conditioner Review
- 5 Ways To Use Milk Cream/Malai On Skin
- All Loreal Color Riche Star Collection Pure Reds Lipstick Swatches
- Bobbi Brown Lip Color 10 Red Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Brown Band – What To Buy & What Not To Buy
- 5 Stunning MAC Eyeshadow Dupes From Coastal Scents You Must Not Miss
- Lakme 9 to 5 Black Impact Liner Review & Swatches