Most of the time friends ask me about my lip care and lipstick application secrets and one of them is a good dose of lip balm I use which I will be sharing in my next post but here is a tool I use on and off – MAC 231 brush.
Size – 15 cm, Price – 1300 /- INR, Available at MAC stores across India
About Mac 231 Small Shader Brush:
For application and expert blending of eye shadow. Flat-tipped, a paddle- shaped brush that lets you fuse and move around colours with pro-style. Suitable for powder or cream products. Synthetic fibres.
My experience with Mac 231 Small Shader Brush:
Shape – the brush is 15 cm long and gives a nice hold and easy application, it is flat tipped and bristles are tightly packed which makes them pick cream product nicely. I have seen girls raving this brush for multiple applications like – concealer, cream eye shadow, lipstick, highlighter in inner corners, smudging of kohl , gel liner and what not. The brush is a multi tasking and is a must have from MAC.
Useful for – The brush is mostly useful for small detailing of cream or powder product but I find this particularly good for lipstick application as it is flat shaped and the size is just right to apply lipstick without overdoing it. The only issue is , that it is not travel friendly or if you want to take it around you need to pack it separately in small box to keep it clean from dust.
Cleaning – As the bristles are synthetic it is very easy to clean and air dry them, it takes usually 8 plus hrs to dry them and they are ready to use. Most of the times I just clean them with baby wipes after each application.
What I like about MAC 231 Small Shader Brush:
- The brush handle is perfectly sized for easy hold and even application.
- The bristles are nicely shaped to pick cream product and lay them effortlessly.
- It is easy to clean and dry.
- I never faced issue with shedding of bristles and I have washed it many a times.
- The brush can be used for cream product and powder product.
What I don’t like about MAC 231 Small Shader Brush:
- They are not easily available in stores.
Ratings – 5/5
Recommendations – there are very few “GOOD” lip brushes available in Indian market and if you are looking for a brush which would give you precise application every time without much efforts then please give this a shot. The size of the brush is so perfect.
Have you tried MAC 231 Small Shader Brush?
You might like to read:-
- 11 Nars Blushes Reviews & Swatches
- 51 Best Of Pink Blushes
- Loreal Paris True Match Blush In Shade 02 Rosy Cheeks Review
- 4 Revlon Powder Blush Shades & Swatches
- Jordana Powder Blush Sweet Honey Review , Swatches & FOTD