Milani Eye Shadow Pencils Review, Swatches & Eye Makeup Tutorial + VIDEO
You all recently read my reviews of the Milani Eye Shadow Pencils in shades Royal Purple, Green Safari and Golden Bronze. Well for a video I reviewed all of these shades together and also did makeup tutorial to show you all how I use the three shades all together.
Today I shall do a combined review of all the three shades. I hope you like it. Dig in for the review and the tutorial.
About Milani Eye Shadow Pencil:
One pencil, multiple eye-catching ways to use it. A shadow, liner and highlighter in one, it’s water-resistant and crease-proof – two stellar qualities in an eye makeup product! Sharpened to a fine point, it defines. Softly smudged, it adds color – 12 shades in all, from neutrals to brights. Swept under the brow bone in one of the paler hues, it catches the light. Clearly, this pencil is as versatile as it is beautiful.
Directions To Use: Apply the pencil directly to the eyelid then blend it out with your finger or a brush. After use, always replace the cap so the tip does not dry out. Easily sharpens with Milani’s Duo Sharpener.
Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate /Sebacate, Polyethylene, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Tocopherol, Mica. +/- May Contain: Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
Price: $5.99 You can buy similar color eye pencil from Flipkart.com here
Net Wt: 2.8 gm
Packaging: These eye shadow pencil are chubby pencils and remind me a lot of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. These eye shadow pencils have a body of the respective eye shadow colors and come along with a transparent plastic cap which shuts firmly.
Texture: The texture of the eye shadow pencil is very creamy and it glides smoothly with ease on the eyes without any tugging. If the texture is compared with the NYX Jumbo eye pencils, I find this to be softer than the NYXs’ ones.
- Royal Purple is a vibrant blue based purple shade; you can check the detailed review here.
- Green Safari is a vibrant metallic green shade which really pops up the eyes; you can check the detailed review here.
- Golden Bronze is a beautiful golden bronze shade; you can check the detailed review here.
My Take: The Milani Eyeshadow pencils are the next NYX Jumbo pencils. But for few reasons I prefer these more than the Jumbo Pencils, the Milani eye shadow pencils smudge less, fade less and stay intact for about 8 hours, while the NYX jumbo pencils smudged a lot, so much so that when I used to apply them as eye liners, they would spread on my lids. I recently did a comparison between the two eye pencils; you can check it out here.
Despite of their chubby shape, one can even draw a thin line with these pencils, which is again a great thing about these.
The Milani Eyeshadow pencils are waterproof and I really need to have a good makeup remover to remove these. The swatches stayed for a day and half on my wrists and were removed only with a good makeup remover.
However I have a strong feeling that the Milani eye shadow pencils will not be easy to use as eye shadow during summers as they might smudge during that season. It is always a good to use an eyeshadow brush to use these as an eye shadow base because these are not very easy to blend, but a good brush always helps.
These pencils need to be sharpened and they come along with a good sharpener.
What I Like About Milani Eye Shadow Pencil:
- The color coded bodies enables easy identification of the color.
- Soft and smooth texture.
- Intense pigmentation
- Gorgeous Vibrant shade.
- Allows multiple way usage.
- Total value for money.
What I Don’t Like About Milani Eye Shadow Pencil:
- Not very easy to blend.
- Not available in India.
Will I Recommend: A big YES on any day.
How I Use These Pencils- MAKEUP TUTORIAL :
- Step 1 – Prep your eyes.
- Step 2 – Apply the royal purple shade on your lower lash line.
- Step 3 – Now apply the golden bronze shade all over lids. This gives amazing golden color to lids.
- Step 4 – After the golden shade, now use the green safari shade on your upper lash line.
- Step 5 – Wipe off ant mistaken spreads; Curl your lashes and apply thick coats of mascara. And you are done.
Do not forget to watch the video to see how I get this eye look. Also remember to hit thumbs up if you like this video and share it with your friends.
Till then stay tuned for next video.
Have you tried any of the Milani Eyeshadow Pencils?
You might like to read:-
- 5 Milani Color Statement Lipstick Reviews You Must Checkout
- Milani Colorstatement Lipstick Plumrose Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Miss Milani Color Statement Lipstick Sweet Nectar Review & Swatches
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick Best Red Review & Swatches
- 4 Milani Color Statement Lipstick Shades And Swatches