Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set
Today I want to review another brush set from the brand Real Techniques. I love their brush range and almost have everything from their collection. They haven’t failed me as such but still I feel they could do better with selection of brushes in the set.
So lets check out about their well known Travel Essentials set.
About Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set:
Everything you need to create flawless looks at home and away:
includes 3 full-size brushes + case:
- Essential foundation brush: Build flawless custom coverage with liquid foundation or concealer
- Multi task brush: for effortless application of powder, blush, and bronzer
- Domed shadow brush: tapered design smoothly shades and defines eyes
- panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand look pixel-perfect even in harsh light ultra-plush, synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use
My experience with Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set:
Packaging: This set comes encased in a sturdy panoramic case with the face of Samantha Chapman printed at the back of the box and information regarding the make of the brush along with usage tips is mentioned just adjacent to the picture of Samantha Chapman. All the brushes are lodged inside the panoramic case. Packaging is travel friendly and one can include more brushes too in this brush case.
Make of the Brushes: : Real Techniques brushes have either a pink or yellow gold handle with a wider black base for keeping the brush in vertical position. I really liked the overall concept of brush design. Bristles are 100% cruelty free and made up of ultra plush synthetic duo fiber taklon bristles.
Taklon is used as a “green,” “vegan,” “allergy free” or synthetic alternative to animal hair brushes. Taklon brushes are more hygienic than real hair brushes. Natural hair has an irregular surface which traps powders, dead skin cells, bacteria and chemicals. Cleaning may not remove all these particles. Taklon lacks these surface irregularities, making it easier to clean properly. That is why a makeup brush with natural bristles retains the stain even after a thorough wash.
Multi-Task Brush: This is the most amazing brush in this complete set. It is my favourite powder brush among all. This is the same brush you get in a set with real techniques Sam’s kit. It is a mini version of real techniques powder brush but more soft than that. It is a bushy thick multipurpose soft brush that can be used for applying any powder product, blusher and bronzer effectively. It is neither too big nor too small. It blends these products effortlessly without any streaks. I found the multi task brush in this kit is less dense than the multi task brush I got in my Sam’s kit.
Essential Foundation Brush: It is a flat pointed foundation brush in this kit. It is the most disappointing brush in this travel essentials kit. I do not why it has been included. During travelling I would least reach out to this brush, the purpose itself fails there. Travel essentials kit should have another brush which would prove useful during travelling. It can be still used for applying concealer and highlighter. It is claimed to be used for custom coverage, god knows what she meant while mentioning it
Domed Shadow Brush: It is a shader brush which can be used for applying shadows on eye lid and also for applying and blending shadows in the crease. It does not pick much product and blends effortlessly. It is not even a bit scratchy and quite thick and soft. This same brush is also included in Sam’s Eye Starter kit.
What I liked about Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set:
- -All the brushes are made of cruelty free taklon bristles.
- -I did not experience any kind of shedding with these brushes.
- -It has multi task brush from Sam’s pick.
- -They have aluminium handle with extended broad base. The handle is lightweight and not too long.
- -All the brushes are quite soft.
- -Its a multipurpose kit, for travel purpose.
- -It is not a limited edition set.
- -Now available at several online sites.
What I did not like about Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set:
- -It is quite pricy.
- -I did not much like the essential foundation brush in this kit.
- -One has to pay huge shipping and custom charges.
- -They should have included small sized brushes in the kit especially customised for travelling.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Will you repurchase it? No I would not repurchase it. I loved other sets from Real Techniques more. Now I have enough sets from this brand, so I would love to buy brushes from other brands available in market.
My Overall Recommendation: I really loved the domed shadow brush and multi task brush from this kit. But I would recommend you all to get the Core essentials kit from this brand instead of this set. Both are priced equally, core essentials has four essential brushes with panoramic case available at same price.
Have you tried Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set?
You might like to read:-