5 Best Home Made Moisturisers For Dry Skin
Market is full of good moisturisers for dry skin and you may be wondering that why would anyone want to go through the grind of whipping up a concoction for hydrating their skins. The answer is, because homemade moisturisers are safe and way more effective. When you make something at home, you know what is going in it while when you by something, you can never be sure of the ingredients.
Now if you have very dry skin and need a sure-shot treatment then you may want to try these Home Made Moisturisers For Dry Skin. You can use most of these moisturisers on face as well as body.
Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil Moisturiser
Coconut oil is the most commonly used ingredient in home made moisturisers. For this moisturiser you need cocoa butter and coconut oil in equal quantities. Take them in a big bowl and whisk well. If you live in a colder region then you will need to melt the ingredients together in a double boiler.
Mix both butter and oil really well and your super rich moisturiser is ready. You can also add a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
Shea Butter and Oils Moisturiser
You will need
- 1/2 cup Shea butter
- 2 tbsp almond/coconut/jojoba oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5-7 drops carrot seed oil
- 3-5 drops tea tree essential oil
- Melt shea butter but do not let it get too hot. Add in almond/coconut/jojoba oil and turn the heat off.
- Freeze this mixture for about 20 minutes so that it turns somewhat solid but does not become like ice.
- Now add all the essential oils and whisk the mixture for a minute.
- Store it in a jar at room temperature.
Sesame Oil and Olive Oil Moisturiser
Both these oils are quite hydrating for skin. Mix them together in equal quantities and use the mixture as needed. This concoction of oil also protects your skin from sun damage.
Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Moisturiser
You will need
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid vitamin E
- 5-7 drops lavender essential oil/tea tree oil
Mix all the ingredients together and store for daily use. Coconut oil is amazing all by itself and the addition of vitamin E makes this moisturiser quite nourishing.
Beeswax and Coconut Oil Moisturiser
You will need
- 1/2 Cup Olive/Almond oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Beeswax Pellets
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oils
- take olive/almond oil, coconut Oil and beeswax in a double boiler.
- When the wax is melted, take the mixture of heat and let it cool down.
- Add essential oil if you want and whisk the mixture so that you get a thick and creamy, uniform mixture.
If you are wondering about some of the ingredients, then head to amazon.com and you will find most of them.
Have you tried these homemade moisturisers for dry skin?
You might like to read:-