The importance of yoga is no longer unknown to us. Yoga not only helps you live a healthy life, but is also a key to beautiful, glowing skin. Yes, yoga can give you a flawless skin and keep your foundations and concealers at bay.
The over-the-counters products that we use, can give us a perfect looking skin for a limited time period, but the glow one gets with practicing yoga is impeccable. A glowing, supple and flawless skin stands for a fit body and peaceful mind and yoga is the key here.
More oxygen + More blood circulation + Stress-at-bay = Yogic formula to a healthy and glowing skin.
Following are 5 yogas that will give you a better skin, a better you.
It stimulates blood circulation through the entire body and is specially designed to reduce tension and prevent you from stress. It consists of 12 postures. See the illustration below.
The practice provides us oxygen which is transported to our cells across the body through our blood. Practice pranayama at least for 30 minutes early in the morning in an open area or a green lawn.
- Rhythmic deep breathing
- Alom Vilom
- Shitli Kumbhak (Great for people suffering from acne)
- This asana helps improve blood circulation throughout the body. And better circulation means better skin.
- Lie on the carpet and join the legs together.
- Raise the legs to an angle of 90 Degree.
- Thrust the palms; raise the waist and legs, bending forwards curving the back and resting the legs on the floor above head.
- Little by little try to place the big toe on the floor and keep the legs straight.
- Balance the whole weight on the shoulder blade, shift both the hands over the head, join the fingers hold the head with it and relax the elbows on the floor.
- Move a little forward putting the thumb toes outward.
- Remain in that position for 100 counts.
- Then release the fingers above the head, pressing the pals on the floor taking back the thumb toe gently bring the body and legs to the floor.
- This is a good anti-ageing asana and it provides a glow to the skin because of increased blood circulation in the head region.
- Sit in vajrasana with hands on the thighs. Keep your upper body straight and relaxed.
- Inhale and raise both arms above the head.
- Exhale; bend the upper body and arms forward from the hips until your arms and forehead touch the floor. Ensure your back is straight throughout. The buttocks remain on the heels.
- Breathe normally and relax in this position for a while.
- Inhale, straighten the back and raise the upper body and arms.
- Exhale and return to the starting position.
Different facial yoga exercise
Some facial exercises are:-
- Breathe in from your mouth and puff both your cheeks for a couple of seconds. Now release the breath through your mouth and repeat for 8-10 times.
- Smile widely and stretch it further more. Now press your lips tightly together and kiss! Repeat this exercise for 20-25 times.
- Hold your chin such that thumbs of both the hands are below the chin. Start pressing the chin from the lower side and move upwards only with the help of the thumbs. Do this for 2-3 minutes.
Hope these yogas breathe back the life in you and your skin. Let us know what you feel..!!
Do you practice yoga to maintain a beautiful glowing skin?
You might like to read:-