I love the vast, versatile and affordable makeup range from Sleek Makeup. Most of the products which I have tried from this brand have suited me quite well. I just can never have enough of them. Do you feel the same? I got hold of this contour kit few weeks back as the medium variant was out of stock. Here I am with its review after lots of testing.
About Sleek Makeup Contour Kit:
This iconic duo compact is an essential tool for achieving a beautifully sculpted and defined appearance.
- >Includes a silky, matte, easy to blend contour powder and an illuminating highlighter for a natural glow
- >Can be used together or individually
Net Weight– 14g/ 0.48.0z
Storage- Store in a cool dry place
Not tested on animals
Price: 9.99 $ for 14 g
Pressed Powder: Talc, Aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Stearate, Jojoba Oil. +/- may contain Iron oxide yellow CI77492, Iron oxide red C177491, Iron oxide Black CI77499.
Highlighter: Mica, Talc Zea mays (corn) starch, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2,Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Pigment.
My Take on Sleek Makeup Contour Kit in Dark:
Packaging: This product comes in usual Sleek Makeup’s usual compact sleek black casing. This kit comprises of a dark matte contour powder and a gold based highlighter. Quantity of the contour powder is more than the highlighter. A huge mirror is lodged at the inner side of the cover. A pamphlet with all the information and pictures regarding usage tips is being given. Complete list of ingredients alongwith other details are mentioned at the back of the packaging.
Shades: This range has 3 kits: Light, Medium, Dark
I got the variant Dark, which has a dark matte brown contour powder and a true gold shimmery highlighter. I feel the contour powder is quite darker for our Indian olive skin tone. I am NC 42 in Mac studio fix range and I found it tad darker for my skin tone. It can look muddy, so I use it with light hand. I have got the habit of using it, so did not face any issues. But it would be suitable mainly on people with skin tone above NC 45.The illuminating highlighter is a gorgeous gold shade with yellow tones. It gives amazing golden glow to my face.
- Contour Powder– It is nicely pigmented and does not need more swipes for building up. I just swipe it once and apply at the sides of the nose bridge, jawline and below the cheek bones. A little product goes a long way. This will last me for a long time.
- Highlighter: This product is also nicely pigmented. I have to swipe it just once over its surface for desired results.
Texture & Finish:
- Contour Powder– It has silky velvety soft texture. It never gets streaky and blends easily. It is finely milled and comes with matte finish.
- Highlighter– It has soft texture. It contains microshimmers which as such does not show up rather imparts a nice sheen to the product. I was highly impressed by this shade. It looks great as a highlighter on our Indian skin tones. It has pearlescent finish and is not at all frosty.
Longevity: Both the products have amazing staying power. Even in humid weather, I could see it on my face for the whole day without any smudging, melting or fading. With a face primer, the contour powder stayed on for some 5-6 hours whereas the highlighter stays for 5 hours +
What I liked about Sleek Makeup Contour Kit in Dark:
- -Contains both contour powder and highlighter in a single kit.
- -Packaging is quite sleek and compact, true to its brand name.
- -Both the products are silky soft and blend amazingly without leaving streaks.
- – Contour powder can also be used as brow powder or as a matte brown eye shadow.
- -Highlighter can also be used as an eye shadow, thus the kit is quite versatile.
- -It is quite affordable.
- -I am truly able to achieve chiselled sculpted look.
- -Paraben free products.
What I did not like about Sleek Makeup Contour Kit in Dark:
- -Not easily available.
- -The shade of the contour powder is darker for me so I had to be very careful.
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Shadewise: 4.5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 4.5 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 4.5 out of 5
- Longevity: 4.5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Quantity is huge so I think it would last me for a long time. But yes in future I would like to get this once more.
My Overall Recommendation: Highly Recommended! If your skin tone is below NC 42, do check the Medium kit from this range.
Have you tried Sleek Makeup Contour Kit in Dark?
You might like to read:-
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Natural Beauty Review+Video
- How To Do Makeup For Oily Skin
- Clinique Long Last Lipstick Bamboo Pink Review & Swatches
- 10 Amazing Traditional Jewellery Collection You Must Check Out
- Loreal Color Riche Star Collection Pure Reds Lipstick CSR8 Pure Brick Review & Swatches
- 5 White Eyeliners You Must Try
- Colorbar Shimmer Bar Baked Eyeshadow/Blusher 002 Coral Hint Review & Swatches
- 8 Peach Lipsticks For Indian Skin Tones