How To Get Retro Eye Makeup
Vintage or retro eye makeup looks are very much in fashion these days. From ramp and red carpet to graduation party and night clubs, the retro look is rocking everywhere.
So lets see how you can achieve it.
- Prime your eyes as usual. Apply a sweep of eye shadow all over your lids in shades of light champagne or white. Use a gel or liquid eyeliner and apply it all along the top lid and three-quarters of the way around your lower lid, but apply it just below the lashes of the lower lash line and smudge immediately. You can skip lining the lower lash line with liners and instead apply eye shadow beneath the lashes and smudge softly. Apply the liner again on the upper lash line and create a double-thickness of it for the extra eye emphasis. Apply a stoke of white liner on lower lash line and loads of mascara. You can go for fake lashes as well.
- The double eye shadows Audrey Hepburn look – The famous Audrey Hepburn famous look. Start with priming your eyes and then apply a light champagne, pink, peach or white colored eye shadow on the lids concentrating more on the inner duct area. Make sure the eye shadow you are applying on your lids isn’t too stark. Then take a dark brown, charcoal grey or black and trace your natural crease shape. Blend in well but keep it dark and stark. Apply a thin stroke of white liner in the lower lash line and a soft black eye shadow beneath that.
- Subtle cat eyes – You can follow the above steps to go for neutral shimmery look and finish off with a cat liner instead of a winged liner. Or you can choose a twist my version of soft smoky look. Use a carbon black shadow on your lids from lash line to crease and blend it well with an eggplant color on the crease and outer corner. Apply a black liquid eyeliner or gel liner along your upper lash lines and drag it to a small “tail” out just beyond lash lines for a subtle cat eye.
- The winged liner look – Prime your eyes. Apply a shimmery white eye shadow over your lids concentrating more on the inner duct area. Avoid any chunky shimmery eye shadow, and apply only a thin wash of the shade on eyes. Then apply a light flush of brown or grey on the crease to add the depth. Take your favorite black gel or liquid liner and apply strokes of it over the upper lash line and end it into a wing. Smudge a little eyeshadow on lower lash line. Don’t forget to tight line. Apply generous coats of black mascara on upper as well as lover lashline.
- Eyes – The eyes play the most crucial role in the retro looks. There are three types of vintage eye looks that are mostly seen, one the famous winged eyeliner, the second one is subtle cat eyes and third one Audrey Hepburn look and the fourth one is rounded eyes with thick upper eye liner and loads of mascara.
- Apply foundation and concealer like usual. Make sure you conceal all your flaws and blend well into a smooth finish.
Don’t forget to apply concealer on eyes to hide any dark circles. The whole face must look flawless, even toned and satiny smooth.
- For blushes, choose subtle pinks or peaches and apply on the apples of your cheeks for the natural flush of colors.
- Retro look is famous for full and plump sexy red pouts. Choose reds, raspberry or hot pink or plum in matte finish. But with the Audrey Hepburn look, make sure you go for nudes, light pink and earthy, peachy tones.
- Contour and highlight to add balance to your look.
And you are done.
Do you like Retro Eye Makeup?
You might like to read:-
- IWB Weight Loss Program-Best Offers For Everyone
- MAC By Request Matte Lipstick in Glam Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 5 Makeup Palettes Worth Buying
- Lakme 9To5 Crease-Less Creme Lipsticks Peach Category : What To Buy & What Not To Buy
- Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner In Black Price & Swatches
- 10 Benefit Beauty Products You Must Try
- NYX Baked Blush Foreplay BBL05 Illuminator + Bronzer Photos & Swatches
- 10 Smokey Eye Makeup Mistakes To Avoid