So you have had lots of fun on Holi having those yummy delicacies and smearing colors on each other. Holi is such a fun festival but what after Holi, there you go with the cumbersome task of removing colors from your hair and body.
That’s quite a huge task but if you remove colors with some tested tips & ways, the task can become easier. I hope you have followed the tips for prepping your skin and hair for playing Holi, since these will prevent skin & hair from getting damaged and also will help in easy color removal.
Read on to know How to remove Holi colors.
For Your Hair
- First and foremost dust off all the dry color from your hair. Remember to be extra gentle or else you will get your hair damaged.
- Before you use a shampoo, rinse your hair with water to allow the additional colors to wash off. Lot of water will be required at this step but it is extremely vital to rinse off all the extra color from hair.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair, any strong chemical based shampoo may prove to be damaging.
- To condition your hair make a simple hair pack by soaking a few fenugreek (methi) seeds in four tablespoons of curd and grind them together or you can try soaking fenugreek seed powder in curd. Apply this pack and leave for 30 minutes before washing with a mild shampoo. Alternatively you can also use egg yolk with a mixture of honey and olive oil to deep condition your hair.
For Your Skin
- Start with dusting all the dry color from your face and body. Now rinse off all the extra color.
- Do not try getting rid of all color at once and not in any way involve in rigorous motions to remove colors, instead gently scrub your body with this homemade scrub. Take 2 tablespoons of wheat bran, 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1 tablespoon of rice flour, few poppy seeds, few drops of honey and a mashed potato. Mix all of these together to form a scrub. Now scrub your face & body gently with this to remove Holi colors. Rubbing papaya on colored body parts too is a great thing to do.
After scrubbing, you should also try some face masks to remove left color and revive your skin.
- For oily skin
Mix 2 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth (multani-mitti) in glycerin and water to make a paste. Apply this and let it sit on your face for 15 minutes and wash off.
- For normal skin
Take 2 tablespoons of masoor dal and mix it with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add in a pinch of turmeric and some rose water to form a paste. Keep it on your face for 15 minutes and wash off.
- For dry skin
Mix 1 tablespoon of soya bean flour in milk, add in glycerin and a pinch of sea salt to make a paste. Apply this to your face and allow it to sit on face for 15 minutes and then wash off.
- Always use cold water to remove the colors, hot water makes the color fast and it then becomes difficult to get rid of them.
- Do not wash your face again and again. This will make your face overly dry.
- Do not rub your skin with any rough and hard thing. This will make your skin itchy. Instead apply coconut oil with the help of cotton and then try to remove the colors. After bathing you can apply coconut oil to soften the left over color on your body and keep skin moisturized.
- Apply moisturizer to the entire body immediately after bathing. Buy from Flipkart.com here
- If you are planning a bleach or facial then wait for at least a week. Also, do not go for any skin treatments like waxing, threading, facials, or apply any other external medication on skin for two to three days after Holi. Your skin becomes very sensitive after Holi and these treatments may cause an adverse reaction.
- These were some effective tips to remove Holi colors. Try these and see how easy does the cumbersome task of removing Holi colors becomes.
Check out Anamika’s Holi look here
You might also like to read: