10 Lipstick Brands That Contain Highest Amount Of Lead
Lipsticks make us look and feel beautiful. A swipe of your favorite lipstick is all you need to boost your confidence level and up your beauty game. But do you know that the same lipstick which makes you feel beautiful can also make you sick?
Researches show that many of our favorite lipsticks contain high amount of lead, and lead as we all know is a chemical which causes cancer. And lead isn’t the only toxin present on your lipsticks; study finds cadmium, aluminum, and other heavy metals, too.
Yes, horrifying isn’t?
So today, I’ll be sharing the top 10 lipstick brands that contain the highest amount of leads. Remember, lead in any quantity is harmful; anything above 0.02 ppm of lead is very hazardous.
One of our favorite brands of lipsticks, but unfortunately many of L’Oreal Paris lipsticks contain significant amount of lead. The shades which have the highest amount are:
- Colour Riche in Volcanic (Lead content: 7.00 ppm)
- Colour Rich in Tickled Pink. (Lead content: 4.45)
- Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor in Heroic. (Lead content: 4.41)
- Colour Riche “True Red”: 1.65 ppm
- Colour Riche “Classic Wine”: 1.58 ppm
Now this came as really shattering. Maybelline has almost become a part of our daily life. Why they had to play with their own name??
- Color Sensational in Pink Petal. (Lead content: 7.19 ppm)
- Color Sensational in Mauve Me. (Lead content: 4.23)
I have nothing to say, your products cost bombs, and yet you are giving us bullets of shit.
- Semi-Matte in Red Lizard (Lead content: 4.93 ppm)
- Semi-Matte in Funny Face. (Lead content: 4.89)
A few of CoverGirl’s lipstick is fully covered with leads.
- Queen Collection Vibrant Hues Color in Ruby Remix (Lead content: 4.92 ppm)
- Continuous Color in Warm Brick. (Lead content: 4.28)
- Incredifull Lipcolor “Maximum Red”: 1.56 ppm
- Continuous Color “CherryBrandy”: 1.28 ppm.
One of the leading brands announced to contain lead. I always felt apprehensive about this brand.
- Beyond Color “Mad for Mauve” (Lead content: 4.04ppm)
- Ultra Color Rich Cherry Jubilee (Lead content: 3.00ppm)
The lipsticks are available in a large spectrum of gorgeous highly pigmented shades and finishes anywhere from hot pink lips, luscious red lips to rebellious Black lips, but the worst part is, they are loaded with lead.
- All lipsticks in range ”c.”, specially 103 (Lead content: 4.12 ppm)
The good old brand is no longer doing good to us. Some of its famous shades have become infamous die to high lead content. Revlon –
- Revlon Matte – Fabulous Fig (4.00 ppm)
- Colorstay Ripened Red (3 ppm)
- Super lustrous Satin Plum (3 ppm)
- Super lustrous Luminous pink (3 ppm)
- Super lustrous Love That Red (1 ppm)
- Superlustrous Bed of Roses (1 ppm)
- Colorstay Lipcolor Red Velvet (1 ppm)
This little lipstick was a bona fide bargain. Hot selling lipsticks of all time, but now are discontinued due to Lead controversy.
Luxury Lip Color Mauvey (4.45 ppm)
Even Dior couldn’t save herself from this.
- Dior Addict “Positive Red”: (1.21 ppm)
- Lip Shimmer Toffee (3.01 ppm)
It has a slight tingle, wonderful color, and keeps lips moisturized. But unfortunately contains leads.
Now you know which lipsticks to avoid. There are many other brands too. Keep your eyes open and research well about the product before buying.
Do you know more lead containing lipsticks to add to this list?
You might like to read:-
- Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush Review
- 10 Best Of Drugstore Lipstick Collection By Ritika
- Zoeva Long Wear Eyeshadow Fix (Matte) Review
- 5 Best Budget Perfumes
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 660 In love with Ginger Review, Swatches & FOTD