5 Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick Swatches
Recently Lakme launched their studio sculpt matte lipsticks in their absolute range. Lakme absolute range already has matte lipsticks but the new ones from studio sculpt range are way different and much better formula wise. Also the new lipsticks do not have any fragrance like the Lakme absolute matte lipsticks which does have a distinct orange cream biscuit kind flavour.
I visited the nearest Lakme counter at my place and swatched all 15 shades. I found these lipsticks to be quite creamy on initial application with intense pigmentation. Out of the 15 shades, I picked up the best 5 shades and would be swatching those for you guys today. According to me, these 5 are must pick shades from Lakme. If you have these, I do not think you need to pick any more shades as many shades are quite similar.
About Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick:
Lakmé Absolute’s latest range of high definition Sculpt lipsticks has arrived! One stroke of contoured perfection is all you need to get a chiseled, long wear experience with a rich matte finish. Available in 15 dramatic shades (the brightest shades so far in the Absolute range), Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick is your go-to professional product that provides nothing less than an expert finish.
High colour pay off in one stroke
Matte texture and finish
Long lasting formula
Highly recommended by Lakmé makeup experts
Most vibrant matte collection from Lakmé Absolute
HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Pull out the cap.
- Step 2: Start applying from the centre of your upper lip.
- Step 3: Work from the centre towards the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth.
- Step 4: Glide across the entire bottom lip.
Price: INR 700
- Rose Bloom- This is the prettiest shade in the entire range. It is a true rose coral pink shade with warm tones. It will look flattering on all skin tones. I found this shade quite unique and stunning on my NC 42 skin tone. It is creamy but settles down to complete matte finish within 10 minutes.
- Coral Flare– If you like bright orange lipstick which will suit our Indian olive tones, yet won’t look OTT, then your search for perfect orange ends here. It does not look OTT. It settles to velvet matte finish and looks bright and uplifts dull look instantly. If you pick this shade, you do not need to pick Tangerine lush. Both the shades are similar but coral flare is more pigmented and wearable.
- Red Flames-This is a stunning red- orange shade in this range. It is similar to red rush but red flames has orangish tone to it, whereas red rush is a true red shade. You can pick anyone of the shades according to your preference or skin tone. I liked Red flames better on my yellow skin tone.
- Plum Spell– This is a bold burgundy red shade that suits my skin tone but I feel it will suit matured skin tone better. It looks very similar to crimson touch and burgundy affair from the same range. You can pick anyone of these three shades. All three shades look similar just the undertone is bit different.
- Pink me up-It is bright warm hot pink shade. It is very similar to raspberry syrup from L’Oreal moist matte range. However, raspberry syrup can look bit garish on some skin tone, this shade looks stunningly bright but not OTT. This shade is very similar to the shade pink glam from same range. But ‘Pink me up’ is warmer than pink glam which has cool tones to it. Pink glam is a perfect hot pink shade.
L to R: Pink me up, Coral Flare, Rose Bloom, Red Flames, Plum Spell
Texture: All the lipsticks from the range feel sheer on first application but build up to nearly opaque coverage with 2-3 swipes. Lipstick feels creamy initially and settles into semi matte finish which becomes completely matte within 10 minutes of application. With time, shade looks better and bold with velvety matte finish. These are neither hydrating nor drying and feel feather light on lips.
Overall Thoughts: I am really impressed with the formula of these matte lipsticks. Thank god they are not similar to other matte lipsticks from 9 to 5 range or the matte lipsticks from absolute range. I need some more time to do a proper review on these shades. But you can check the swatches and pick any of the shades that match your preference. Some shades are quite similar so there is no need to pick all the shades.
From Top to Bottom
Top to Bottom: Plum Spell, Red Flames, Rose Bloom, Coral Flare, Pink me up
Have you tried Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick ?
You might like to read:-