How To Care For Belly Button Piercing
Ear piercing is the most common type of body piercing and many girls get their nose pierced too. But obviously body piercing is not limited to nose and ears and you can get pierced almost everywhere. Pierced eyebrow and chin may look weird but one part that looks sexy when pierced is the belly button. It is gaining a lot of popularity especially after our Desi Girl Piggy Chops got it done.
Priyanka Chopra loves to flaunt her naval piercing and that shining diamond adds the oomph.
Are you thinking of getting naval piercing or have you got it already? If you are about to get your belly button pierced, make sure that you do not have an over-irritated skin. Go to a good piercer and consult first. That is the best person to tell you whether you are the right person for it and also if your naval is fit enough.
Tips To Care for Belly Button Piercing
Once you get it done, you have to be extra careful as naval is a sensitive place. It takes almost a year to heal completely so you better be careful. These tips will help you in keeping your belly button free of infection and other troubles-
- Clean the piercing at least once a day and if possible wash it twice but not more than that. Use a mild anti-bacterial soap for the purpose.
- Do not sleep on your stomach till the piercing is sufficiently healed. Get it checked by your piercer on regular intervals and only they will tell you when you can go back to sleeping on your tummy.
- Do not wear very tight clothes. Tight clothes hinder air passage and interfere with the healing.
- Do not touch your naval piercing with dirty hands or there is every chance that you will get infected.
- After washing, pat your belly button lightly to dry it up. Never rub it vigorously.
- You can use diluted salt solution to clean your pierced belly button. Use only sea salt and not iodized salt, kosher salt or Epsom salt. Use a Q-tip for good and gentle cleaning.
- You can also apply lavender oil to quicken the healing process.
These are general tips and you should always consult your piercer before following any of these.
Do you have belly button piercing and how do you care for it?
You might like to read:-