How To Do Makeup Like Anushka Sharma In Bombay Velvet
After portraying as Meera in the middle of a gruesome episode of honor killings, mindless cast systems and glaring patriarchal culture, Anushka Sharma is seen as Rosie Noronha, the aspiring jazz singer in the recently launched Bombay Velvet, a period crime drama set against the backdrop of 1960’s.
Set in 1960s Bombay, the film tells the story of a small time con-man with an ambition to become a big-shot and an aspiring jazz singer, and how their hopes and dreams collide with their individual realities.
As set in the 1960s, Anushka’s look has the stunning touch of retro Bombay. The stunning retro diva’s costumes, specially the gowns weighed more than 30 – 35 kilos. Her costumes and makeup based upon the mood of the song and the scenes.
Anushka’s look for the Bombay Velvet song has been put together by Babita Malkani. In this special promotional song for the movie we came across Anushka Sharma’s vintage look, where she wore a golden glittery short number, had a sexy messy bob cut, winged liner and matte orangey red lips.
Throughout the movie, she had opted for different hairstyles, from bob cuts to gorgeous beachy waves. As per dresses, she is seen in retro prints like polka dots and lace dresses.
Now lets see how you can achieve the vintage look:-
- Define your brows:- Use your brow powder, pencils, gel or wax to groom your lashes. Comb using a clean mascara applicator. Dust off all the fallouts if any.
- Mascara:- Carefully apply a coat of mascara to your eyelashes. Dust some baby powder and apply another coat for a final touch. Apply mascara lower lashes as well slightly lining the waterline.
- Eyeliner:- Liquid eyeliner is a key feature of 60s make-up. Carefully run the brush along the upper lash line. Make the line slightly thicker at the outer corners so that it flicks up a little at the ends in true ’60s style.
- Eye Shadow:- Take a subtle shimmery beige eye shadow or a nude colored eye shadow and apply it on your eye lids. Apply a highlighter on the inner corners and on the brow bone area. You can apply a sweep of brow or taupe on the crease for added depth.
- Apply face and eye primer:- Using a makeup primer is the best way to make your makeup stay put on for longer. Clean, tone and moisturize your face and apply primer all over, don’t forget your neck.
- Base:- Apply liquid foundation on your face as a base for the rest of your makeup. Take a brush,pat gently and blend outwards and blend evenly, especially at the jaw, hairline, ears and eyebrows. (NOTE: I always prefer foundation first because it allows me to see which areas on the face need more coverage.) Now apply a concealer under your eyes and on imperfections, like corners of lips, corners of nose, etc
- Cheeks:- Firstly, using a large fluffy powder brush, dust powder all over your face for a perfectly matte complexion. Then roll on your brush on your favourite blush and sweep on your cheeks for a slight flush of colour. Blend outwards. Don’t overdo it, otherwise you’ll end up looking like a clown.
- Highlighting and Contour:- Contouring and highlighting create a sense of balance, adding definition to your makeup with color. Take a matte bronzer and apply it under your cheek bones to contour. And to bronze, simply put it anywhere the sun would naturally hit. Highlighting works with contouring. For example, when you contour your cheeks, you apply contour in the hallow area and highlight the apples. You also highlight the brow bone to open the eye and give depth to the crease area. Apply highlighter on the bridge of your nose as well.
*Make sure the base makeup is subtle. Don’t overdo anything.
- Red lips:- Line your lips with a lip liner just a shade darker from your lipstick. By lining lips with a shade darker lip liner will make your lips look plumper. Fill in your lips with a matte red lipstick. Blend well to ensure there are no stark lines in between your lipstick and lip liner.
That’s it. ..Go for this look and let us know…
Did you like Anushka Sharma’s looks in Bombay Velvet?
You might like to read:-