NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet The Nudes Matte
I’m never going to buy anything without doing some research beforehand! All right! The product that I’ll be sharing today is one of the much stuff that I had requested a friend to get it for me, which ended up being a total bummer. It is the NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet The Nudes Matte.
About NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet:
Each Palette offers a combination of 5 shades of Long-Lasting and moisturizing gloss to protect and add the perfect color to lips. Blend shades to make your own signature shade. Comes with mirror and lip application brush.
Price: 10 US $
My take on NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet The Nudes Matte:
The packaging is cute. It comes in a black plastic case with a transparent lid that flips open. A mirror and an additional brush are included which I was excited about earlier. But I tossed away the lip brush as it was flimsy and began to shed after a while. The description about the pallet is printed and labeled on a sticker behind the case. There are a total of five shades in it. Ok, now lets go through each of the shade and see how it fares:
1. The first is a medium brown in shade. It applies well and gives a slight glossy tint, almost like a tinted lip balm. The color is semi sheer in texture, which is buildable so you can achieve a deeper color if desired. but it won’t work well on pigmented lips. I personally don’t like brown lip color so I don’t use this at all.
2. The second is a beautiful medium berry pink in shade looks good on me from the entire pallet. It reminded me of MAC Mehr but darker and glossier. This one is the most pigmented out of all the shades. It slides smoothly and doesn’t settle into fine fines. This color has nothing to do with the nudes range but it was nice of NYX to add a fun color amongst the nudes and the only color, which was wearable! Oh! The irony!
3. A pretty coral with an orange undertone. It looks beautiful in the case but when swiped it appears way too light on my skin. The texture is a bit waxy compared to all the other colors but it has a good coverage. I use this as a lip-gloss on top of other coral lipsticks and it looks fine. I don’t understand why they have named this pallet Matte when it has a slight gloss finish.
4. Oh my! The Horror! It looks terrible on olive/tanned and dusky skin tone. It washed me out completely and I ended up looking like a zombie. L The baby pink color seems deeper in the case but is very pale when swiped. It will look lovely on extremely fair skin but not on me. The texture is creamy and slides smoothly though. It will not cover pigmented lips because of the semi sheer finish.
5. The last one is a lightest taupe in shade and definitely not my “cup of color” either. The coverage is good which will only look compliment pale skin. A strict no-no for olive to dusky lovelies as it will wash you out like the earlier shade above. It too applies well and appears glossy though it is matte.
Smell: The palette has a fruity tangy scent that I like. It can be bothersome for people with sensitive nose.
Staying power: Since the formula is creamy yet matte, it can last for 4 to 5 hours. But no, it will not survive snacks or a heavy meal. A reapplication is needed.
What I like about NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet The Nudes Matte:
- Good packaging
- Buildable color
- Color suitable for pale skin
- Fruity scent
- Last fairly well
- No sticky lips
What I dont like about NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet The Nudes Matte:
- Not suitable on Olive/Dusky skin tones
- Flimsy applicator
Recommendation: No, other than the berry color, the remaining shades on its own doesn’t suit Indian skin tone!
Have you tried NYX Luscious Lip Gloss Pallet The Nudes Matte?
You might like to read:-