Bath Bomb DIY Recipe
Recently Ritika reviewed a Bath Bomb from Bomb Cosmetics Bath Mallow and I swear it looked a cupcake to me when I first saw it! Well, its certainly a yummilicious looking bath product which many of us might have seen in Lush Stores but sadly they have closed in India.
Bath bombs are basically a lump of some specific ingredients which creates an effervescence when wet which gives a unique tingling experience to the user inside the bath tub! These bath bombs are like any other soap or bath product at room temperature but as it comes in contact with water it starts fizzing out! It is a bath luxury and helps you relax in the shower with its unique feature of fizzing out!
One thing worth mentioning is that these are not like bubble baths as the bubble bath products produce rich lather on the surface while bath bombs work under water to produce a tingling action inside water.
Here we will discuss about the way to prepare Bath Bombs at home. Well, as you know bath products like soaps cleanser etc can easily be prepared at home if you have an interest for homemade products which you can use for personal care! So , these bath bombs are also easily made with some commonly available ingredients. Lets see how to make bath bombs all by yourself!
- Baking Soda (2cups)
- Citric Acid ( 1 cup)
- Corn Starch (1 cup)
- Essential Oils ( any of your choice- lavender, peppermint, jasmine, argan etc.)
- Edible Color (few drops)
- Moulds (to make the desired shape)
- Water (1/2 cup in a spray bottle)
How to prepare-
- First of all take all the dry ingredients like baking soda, citric acid, corn starch in a large bowl and mix them all together thoroughly.
- Now in a small container add essential oils together and mix well.
- Now slowly add the mixture of essential oils to the large bowl with dry ingredients and mix them evenly. Mix till there are no lumps left.
- Also add the edible color drops in the mixture and keep mixing it to get an even colored mixture.
- Keep spraying water occasionally to make the mixture have a sticky texture which will make it easier to give he desired shape. Don’t spray much in one go but go for 2-3 times as required!
- Transfer the mixture to the moulds and overfill it from the top. This will eventually give a solid bath bomb.
- Now let is dry for 15-20 minutes. Now the bath bomb will easily come out from the mould. Mist it on all sides with some alcohol and keep it overnight!
- Well, you have your homemade bath bombs ready and you can use them whenever you are up for some bath luxury. You can make these in batches and keep it for later use in a dry place!
You may also add various essential oils to see how the different essential oils work for your skin!
So I hope you liked this easy peasy DIY recipe and now you can get creative at your own place!
Have you tried making Bath Bombs at home?
You might also like to read:-