Brahmi And Its Uses
Brahmi is known as the best memory enhancing herb and has been widely used in traditional Indian medicine since years. It has been used in Ayurveda for over 3000 years. Mainly found in humid and warmer parts of the world, the plant grows to a height of 2-3 feet and its branches are 10-35 cm long. The cognitive effects of Brahmi, specifically memory learning and concentration are scientifically proven.
So let us go through the main benefits of Brahmi:
• Brahmi has been found to be very beneficial in the treatment if anxiety and mental fatigue.
• It calms mind and relaxes you.
• It has been found to significantly improve IQ levels, general ability, behavioral patterns and mental concentration in children.
• It is useful for improving confidence and mental clarity.
• Insomnia? Brahmi has the solution for that too.
• It is also effective against diseases like bronchitis, epilepsy, asthma, hoarseness, arthritis, rheumatism, backache, constipation, hair loss, fevers, digestive problems, etc.
• Research has shown that Brahmi has anti-stress, anti anxiety, anti oxidant, anti-toxin, anti-cancer, bronchodilatory, immuno-modulation, cardio tonic and anti-inflammatory properties.
• The plant is also used for all sorts of skin problems—eczema, psoriasis, abscesses, ulceration-
• It is said to stimulate the growth of hair and nails.
This small creeping herb with numerous branches has many other beauty benefits too:
Stops hair fall:-
Brahmi is known to strengthen the roots of the hair and stop hair fall. Dry the thick leaves of brahmi and ground them into a fine paste. You can also use them in combination with amla, bhringraj, shikakai, tulsi, and neem powders to provide stronger roots.
Promotes hair growth:-
Brahmi also thickens the strands while strengthening the roots. You can make a paste in combination with amla, bhringraj, shikakai, tulsi, and neem powders, or tea sprtiz for hair, or in an oil infusion.
Goodbye itchy scalp:-
Brahmi is useful in fighting dandruff and other skin inflammations. Grind some fresh brahmi leaves and mix with 2-3 spoon of yogurt. Apply as a air pack. Leave for an hour and rinse off.
Prevents pre mature graying:-
Rich in anti-oxidants, it has anti-ageing benefits. Include brahmi in your diet. That will not only help keep your strands healthy, but prevent from graying. You can also use brahmi juice on your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash your hair with normal water.
Flushes out toxins:-
Add Brahmi to your detox drink in combination with fresh Parsley, Spinach, Mint, Cabbage and any other leafy vegetables of your choice. Wash them properly and blend them well. Add orange juice to it and drink twice daily. Green leafy vegetables are low in fat and are brimming with dietary fiber, folic acid, vitamin C, potassium and magnesium, as well as a host of phytochemicals.
Start taking Brahmi. Your skin and hair will thank you.
Do you use Brahmi?
You might also like to read