Hibiscus Hair Pack For Hair Growth
Hibiscus is a beautiful flower very popular in Asia and there are around more than 200 species of Hibiscus flower.
Hibiscus is not just a beautiful flower but it is more like a magic flower especially for hair. In India Hibiscus is also known as gudhal. Hibiscus along with its leaves is used in many ways to improve hair health. Hibiscus helps to fight against hair fall, boost hair growth, re-grow hair in some cases and also makes them soft, shiny & strong.
This flower is also known for its properties that prevents premature aging.
Hibiscus is rich in amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and alpha Hydroxy acids along with other nutrients. To know more about hibiscus flower and its benefits for hair, continue reading.
Benefits Of Hibiscus For Hair
Hibiscus is immensely beneficial in improving hair health due to its vitamin C and amino acid rich composition. Below are few benefits of hibiscus for hair.
- It prevents the premature graying of hair when used as hair oil or hair pack. In rare cases use of hibiscus has also shown signs of premature graying reversal.
- Hibiscus is also known to combat hair loss in men and women.
- Hibiscus is good for all skin types & scalps. So, even people with sensitive scalps too can use it. It has not shown any allergic reaction however, it is always recommended to do a patch test before.
- Hibiscus makes the hair roots and strands stronger & shinier.
- Hibiscus conditions hair and keeps them bouncier.
How To Use Hibiscus For Hair Care
Hibiscus is used in a variety of different methods for improved hair health. It can be used in form of hibiscus shampoos, hibiscus hair oil, hibiscus hair conditioners & hibiscus hair masks.
Preparing hibiscus hair treatments is not a big deal and these can be prepared at the ease of home with little efforts. Not only making hibiscus treatments at home is easy but it also guarantees purity. In case when you do not have easy access to hibiscus flowers you can try and get hibiscus powder from grocery stores.
Use of hibiscus flowers and leaves in form of hair masks is one the most popular way of using hibiscus to boost hair growth and make hair stronger, shinier & soft.
How To Make Hibiscus Hair Mask
Things You Will Need:
- Hibiscus flower & leaves
- Olive or Coconut Oil
Step 1 – Get some hibiscus flowers along with leaves if possible. Using a mortar make a paste of it. For quicker and smooth paste you can also use a food processor. Take ample amount of flowers depending upon your hair length and volume. Avoid adding water while processing since flowers will have some water content naturally.
Step 2 – Once you have a paste of the flowers, transfer the contents in a mixing bowl. Mix few drops of coconut/olive oil and 2-3 tsp of curd to the paste. The paste should be of mediocre consistency. Vary the quantity depending upon your hair length.
Step 3 – Apply this paste to your scalp and hair lengths evenly. Concentrate more on scalp and apply in massaging motions.
Step 4 – Leave the mask on for at least an hour for maximum benefits, however in lack of time you can also leave it for 30 minutes or so. Rinse off with lukewarm water and follow up with a final cold rinse. Lukewarm water is used to wash off the greasiness of oil that might have occurred and a final cold rinse will help to lock in moisture and make hair shiny.
- In case you do not have hibiscus flowers, you can also use hibiscus powder available in local grocery stores.
- Curd is used for extra conditioning; you can skip using and proceed using only oil in the pack if desired.
This was all about hibiscus for hair and hibiscus hair mask for hair growth. How do you like using hibiscus in your hair care?
Have you used hibiscus hair mask before?
You might also like to read:-