The Body Shop Shimmer Waves 01 Bronze:
I am very new to the world of contouring. After all the hype that it created, I thought of giving it a try with a basic product by The Body Shop and it is the Shimmer waves in the shade 01 Bronze.
About The Body Shop Shimmer Waves:
Five shimmering shades for face and cheeks in one neat compact. Use them together or individually.
For face and cheeks
Mica (Opacifier), Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Zea mays (Corn Starch) (Absorbent/Chelating Agent), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isopropyl Isostearate (Emollient), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sorbitan Stearate (Emulsifier), Nylon-12 (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Viscosity Modifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Polyacrylamide (Film Former), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), C13-14 Isoparaffin (Solvent), Sodium Dehydroacetate (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Butylparaben (Preservative), Laureth-7 (Emulsifier). [+/- CI 77891 (Color), CI 77491 (Color), CI 77499 (Color), CI 77492 (Color)].
How to use: Dust the entire face for a sun kissed glow. Choose one shade to highlight or contour cheekbones.
Price: 22 U.S $
My take on The Body Shop Shimmer Waves 01 Bronze:
This shimmer waves comes packed in a fragile transparent case with the pigments designed and placed exactly like waves. The packaging is pretty to look at and sturdy at the same time. The description of the product is mentioned on the back.
01 Bronze comes as a set of 5 wearable earthy metallic shades. The colors are neutral and perfect for Indian skin tones. It contains lots of minute shimmers that don’t feel gritty at all. It is powder based yet very smooth to apply and absolutely have no fallouts. As I have an acne prone skin, this product didn’t cause any breakout thankfully!
The colors are not given any names so I’ll be listing them in my own words below.
- Frosty pink champagne: The first shade is a light frosty pink shade, which is used for highlighting brow bones. The color is so versatile that I even use it as an eye shadow as well as a soft blush. The pigmentation is great and glides effortlessly. It is one of my favorite shades in the palette.
- Light brown: This shade is used for highlighting the temple, nose area and cheeks. It is a beautiful light brown in shade with lots of shimmers that applies smoothly as well and is very well pigmented. I use it as a blush, which leaves a healthy sun kissed glow on my face.
- Metallic copper: This shade is the most pigmented out of all the shades and can be used as a bronzer for contouring. It is a deep copper in color with lots of red undertones. Yet another beautiful color to work with.
- Deep taupe: This is the darkest color in the pallet and used only for contouring. It is smooth to apply but a skillful technique is required or else one would end up looking muddy.
- Light Gold: This light golden shade is the last and yet another favorite one in the palette. Because of its versatility, I use it to highlight my face, brow bones and nose as well as apply it as an eye shadow. Beautifully pigmented and applies smoothly without any hassle. It goes opaque in two swipes.
Staying power: Since the texture is powdery yet creamy, it lasted for a good 5 to 6 hours on my lids without budging. A primer can be used for those with very oily eyelids.
What I like about The Body Shop Shimmer Waves 01 Bronze:
- Beautiful Colors
- Sun kissed look
- Great color payoff
- Sturdy case
- Long wearing
- Flattering on Indian Skin tones
- Smooth application
- Doesn’t budge
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Shimmer Waves 01 Bronze:
Recommendation: Yes! It gives a sun kissed look and would flatter any kind of Indian skin tones.
Have you tried The Body Shop Shimmer Waves 01 Bronze?
You might also like to read:-