Homemade Shampoo Recipe For Grey/ White Hair
Grey/ white hair strands never look appealing unless you are old enough to flaunt it without hesitation as the world clearly has an idea about your age and so your grey hair just compliment the old look. But due to the drastic change is lifestyle today’s generation s struggling with a lot of physiological as well as hormonal issues which cause pre-mature greying of hair at considerable young age of teen years to earl 20’s. While grey hair after 40 years of age is considered to be normal, this generation has to deal with almost 1/3rd of their hair turn grey by the time they reach 40.
Well, there is no doubt that the changed lifestyle has effected a lot of people and matters of proper skin & hair care have become the need of the hour and not a personal liability. There are so many people who tend to ignore taking good care of hair due to extreme busy schedule or stress and that gives rise to untimely appearance of grey/white hair.
So, I just thought that may be we should look back to what our elders preached to us about some homemade recipes which has been used since ancient times to take care of hair and prevent them from greying.
Here I have shared a very effective recipe which was used by my grandmother and mother and I am sure most of you would also have used this recipe in your teen years.
- 1/2 cup Shikakai
- 1/2 cup Reetha
- 1/4 cup Amla (dried)
- 1/2 liter Water
One can adjust the quantity based on the volume of hair.
- All you need to do is to take all the ingredients together in a deep pan and mix all these in about 1/2 liter water.
- The mixture needs to be soaked overnight, if you feel that water is not enough, you may add more water to it.
- Now the next day or after 9-10 hours, heat the mixture on medium flame and bring to boil. As it starts boiling, simmer the flame and keep it like that for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- As it becomes concentrated, remove from flame and let it cool down to reach room temperature.
- Now before using the paste, crush the shikakai, reetha & amla with your hands of a wooden crusher. So that all the extracts are thoroughly squeezed.
- Now after this, strain the mixture carefully and your homemade amla, shikakai shampoo is ready to be used.
- Well, if you have made little extra then you may freeze it in old ice trays to use after 2 days by just taking the ice cubes out and keeping them at room temperature for about 2-3hours.
This shampoo acts as a natural cleanser for the hair without stripping off the natural moisture level of the hair strands. The best thing about it is that it is absolutely free from ingredients like Sulfate, parabens, and other additives. It is mild on the scalp and gently cleanses the hair. The naturally low pH makes it really great for the hair. As the paste is deep black in color it provides a shine and black hue to the hair which is far better than any chemical color product on the delicate hair. Using this recipe extensively and reducing the use of chemical laden shampoos will eventually prevent the grey/white hair strands from further multiplying.
So, this was one of the recipes which I personally have used for about 5-6years during my teen years.
Have you tried this homemade shampoo recipe for grey/white hair?
You might also like to read:-
- Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick #54 Fuchsia Review & Swatches
- Chambor Flowing Lipstick Stay On Color in Plum Rose Review
- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipcolour in Top Tier Truffle (090) Review & Swatches
- Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color Pink Rave 02 Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Lime Crime Velvetine Suedeberry Review & Swatches