NARS Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
After stunningly gorgeous shade NARS Mysterious Red, I’m back with another shade which is recent addition in my vanity – DAMNED. This is not new launch but trust me you, they are super wonderful if you leave aside the sharpening con. I wanted a fall shade and this fits in the bill perfectly, it is not too deep, dark and vampy and can be worn as stain too.
About NARS Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
The application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless colour for hours. Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product.
- Rich, vivid shades
- Enriched with Vitamin E
- Convenient, easy application
Price- $ 25 plus Tax, I paid 1850/- on Strawberrynet.com, Available at SEPHORA US
Size- 2.4 gm
My Experience with NARS Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
Shade- DAMNED is described as Rich Magenta, it is muted and subtle cool toned berry wine shade which is so flattering and can be used as a stain or full on power packed with more layering.
Texture & Staying power- The texture is same, easy to glide, velvety matte and doesn’t bleed or settles in fine lines but it does need well exfoliated lips. I get 4 – 5 hrs of wear with this and after that there is little stain left behind. I have to layer this back and forth and it still doesn’t feel heavy on my lips, like most matte lipsticks do.
Pigmentation– The pencil is nicely pigmented but needs a little bit of layering to get even coverage. I never felt this in other shades I tried in past, but this may look patchy if not layered properly.
What I like about NARS Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil?
- The shade is flattering and easy to wear.
- The feel is light weight and none drying in spite of matte nature.
- The liner doesn’t settle in fine lines nor does it bleed.
- The liner fades evenly.
- The staying power is nice.
What I don’t like about NARS Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil?
- I wish the finish could be more even.
- The sharpening lead to a lot of wastage.
Recommendations – If you leave aside the evenness, this is great shade to choose from NARS’s permanent line, it is gorgeous and very flattering shade of wine berry. It dries down to velvety matte lips and if your lips are in good condition it will look even more beautiful.
Have you tried NARS Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil?
You might also like to read:-
- 4 Hot Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick Shades & Swatches
- Deborah Atomic Red Mat Lipstick In Shade 21 Review & Swatches
- 5 Hot NARS Audacious Lipstick Swatches
- Bella Pierre Mineral Lipstick In RUBY Review, Swatches & LOTD
- 5 Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Lipsticks’ Swatches
- Gorgeous Lipstick Shades For Beginners
- Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Trio Review & Swatches
- Rose Water Uses For Face
- Chambor Brilliant Shimmer All Over Powder 01 Review
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Sweetheart Valentine Review & Swatches