Red Lipstick Tutorial
Red lipstick is to women, what sports cars to men” -So rightly said. Red lipstick is about more than just getting noticed. A key to instant gorgeous glamour that brightens the face and can actually make you feel more confident. It is an ageless beauty wonder.
But to nail that perfect red lipstick look, you have to do your eyes and base perfectly too. So here are some tips on how you can do your eyes and face to nail the look…
Choose the right shade of red:
Many women are not comfortable of wearing red lipsticks, but it is true to the core that there is a red for everyone, you just have to choose the right red for yourself. Red lipsticks come in a varied shades and tones. From bright reds, pinky reds and cheery reds to bold scarlet, brick reds and maroon, there are many. The first step is to choose a shade that looks good on your skin tone.
Depending on the intensity of your red lips, you have options to play and experiment with eye makeup. The rule is same: Bold lips with neutral eyes or understated lips with dramatic eyes.
- Wing it out: If you choose to wear bright scarlet on your lips, then keep your eyes understated. Play with your eyeliners and choose neutral eye shadows. Wined liner, cat liner, fluttering lashes sans any eye makeup looks awesome when you have bold red color on lips.
- Smoky eyes and bold red lips: “Smoky eyes” is timelessly sexy. Smoky eyes and nude lips is no doubt an awesome combination, but red lips and smoky eyes is “a killer”. Be it soft or dramatic, this combination is super sexy.
- Metallic magic: Deep contoured eyes and smoky eyes look best with red stained lips. Metallic eye shadows look great too. Shimmery gold, bronze, beige, taupe is your color.
- Framed eyes: Bold red lips also go well with lined eyes. Simple and attractive.
Base: Make sure you have a flawless base. Apply foundation and blend in well. Use concealer if required. If you are heading to office or college, a simple BB cream is enough.
Cheeks: Warm toned cheeks look great with red lips. Pair with blushes like peach, corals, orangey browns, etc. Warm golden toned bronzer works well too. If your red is blue based, you can go for pretty pink blushes also.
My favorite makeup with Red lips:
My ultimate favorite is soft smoky eyes and red lips combination. I draw a line of black kohl on my upper lash line and smudge it. Then I draw a thick stroke of kajal on lower lash line and finish off with loads of mascara. This gives a classy, crisp modern look when paired with a bright red lips.
Another favorite is a simple winged liner sans any eye shadow, loads of mascara and bright bold lips. Also I like the combination of golden-bronze eye shadow and red lips when I wear saree.
Another favorite is; a light wash of neutral beige eye shadow all over my lids and a dark brown eye shadow on crease area and outer corner to define and deepen the crease. Then I draw a thick stroke of black liner on upper lash line and wing out a bit. I prefer to keep my waterline bare but you can dust a little matte brown eye shadow under waterline as well. I finish off with loads of mascara.
I have too many favorites..!!!
So,what are you waiting for? Start flaunting your red lips?
You may also like reading:-
- Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick Sheer Walk Of Shame Sample Review & Swatches
- NYC Ultra Moist Lip Wear Lipstick In 309 Sheer Red Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 6 Stunning Orange Lipsticks From Revlon
- Stunning L’Oreal Lipsticks For Medium Brown Skin Tone
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Mrs. Mia Wallace Review & Swatches
- Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Sheer Shame Lipstick Sample Review & Swatches