All About Cystic Acne And Its Treatment
Cystic acne is one skin condition wherein the pores of the skin become clogged, and lead to infection in the skin. It is majorly seen affecting the face but can happen on arms as well. While it is majorly seen on teenagers but it can be seen amongst other people as well. The major reasons that are responsible for the cystic acne are hormonal changes due to puberty and also due to stress or menstrual cycle disturbances. It also can happen as a result of other problems like excessive sweating or humidity.
The basic cause of cystic acne is the rupture of follicles which makes the breakouts occur due to release of excessive sebum.
So, if I come to conclude on the causes they can be listed as:
- Hormonal changes
- Menstrual cycle disturbances
- Birth control methods
- High level of humidity
- High sweating
There are some myths associated with the breakout of cystic acne which are far off from the facts and do not have anything to do with acne. These include reasons like ones listed below which are nothing but mere misbeliefs:
- Eating chocolates or nuts or greasy foods
- Poor face hygiene with no heed to face washing
- Masturbation or sex
The last one being the funniest! I am sure you would agree to.
The cystic acne can cause a great hamper to one’s self esteem as unlike normal acne it does not go away soon and may leave permanent marks if not paid attention to. One must consult a skin specialist if symptoms as listed below are found.
- Scarring on skin
- 5 or more cysts are visible in addition to over 100 comedones
Now, if you are already seeing what I mentioned above, the obvious need for the hour for you is to rush to a doctor for treatment. The treatment usually involves types of options depending on the intensity of the problem.
Benzoyl peroxide- It is a treatment used for any level of acne. It is available from pharmacies around us and is very effective on treatment of facial bacteria that causes acne.
Self-Care methods – There are some self-care remedies which can also be taken in due course to prevent acne breakouts. These are simple remedies which can assure you not aggravating your problem any further. These are:
- Avoiding washing the face too often
- Not scrubbing harshly
- Pimples should not be played with
- Heavy makeup should be avoided
Birth control pills – Contraceptives can help in controlling excessive sebum formation and lead to acne control. These can, however, are to be consumed for 6 months only that too in consultation with a physician or skin expert.
Steroid Injections– This is one treatment carried out by an expert dermatologist as he is the specialist to prescribe the right dosage and variety of the steroid to be taken.
Natural Methods – There are then some natural methods as always which can help you get back to your beautiful self. These include:
- Eating a healthy diet low on sugar and greasy content. Avoid processed food, diary items for a while and see if the acne reduces. Also check with a specialist for any food allergies that you may have.
- Try changing your skin care products as you might be unintentionally harming yourself with products not suiting your skin type or may be are filled with chemicals that are harmful to you.
- Calendula could be beneficial as it is a natural herb which works wonders on skin problems.
- Tea Tree Oil is also one natural herb for helping you have a good go at the acne. You can mix it with yoghurt for best results as a mask.
- Neem is another Indian favorite herb known for anti-bacterial qualities.
I hope I have been able to help you with enough knowledge on cystic acne.
Have you ever had a severe acne issue?
You might also like to read:-
- FOREST ESSENTIALS Facial Ubtan Multani Mitti Review
- Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial Review & Swatches
- Meet The Blogger – Althea Lobo
- Products I Am Excited About This Month
- VLCC Diamond Detoxifying Wash-off Mask Review
- Shahnaz Husain Chocolate Nourishing Cream Review
- 10 Tiger Tattoo Ideas