How To Use Eggs For Winter Hair Care
As winters approach, your hair tends to become dry & frizzy. Using hair mask is a great way to nourish & condition your hair. And when talking about conditioning, why look anywhere else when we have the wonder eggs sitting next to us in our kitchens. It is always better to indulge in easy homemade hair packs rather than going for chemical hair packs. Egg yolks make an excellent hair conditioner. Using eggs in your hair care regime nourishes and moisturizes your hair, adds shine & makes them smooth & strong.
Benefits Of Eggs For Your Hair
- Egg yolks are an excellent hair conditioner
- Egg protein helps repair damaged hair by filling up weakened spots
- Problems such as hair loss, dry & flaky scalp & dandruff can also be treated with eggs
- They strengthen your locks, reduce breakage & add shine to them
- Egg yolk seeps right into your scalp and hair follicles & infuses it with moisture, thereby keeping it well hydrated
We take a look at different ways you can use eggs to nourish your hair this winter.
The Oh So Wonderful Egg Itself!
Egg yolks & egg whites themselves can be used for nourishing your hair. Egg whites are helpful for oily hair as they help remove excess oil from the hair. If you have dry to normal hair, then a hair mask made up of egg yolk will be helpful since it moisturizes dry hair. Egg masks are an intensive protein hair treatment & are loaded with proteins, vitamins, and fatty acids which promote hair growth and prevent hair fall.
Honey Egg Mask
Mix egg yolk with a cup of honey. Mix well into a smooth paste & massage your hair with the mask for around half an hour. Then wash away with a mild shampoo & towel dry. This is a great hair mask which not only makes your hair smooth & lustrous but also provides it the much needed moisture.
Eggs & Yoghurt
Mix curd or yoghurt with 2 eggs & blend it well. Apply this mixture on your scalp, hair roots & hair lengths & let it dry. You may also use a shower cap. Next, wash off with a mild shampoo & cold water. This will add shine to your locks & tackle a dry & flaky scalp as well.
Banana & Eggs
Banana packs work on dry and frizzy hair & are considered good for conditioning your hair. Take two ripe bananas and two eggs & mix them well to form a paste. Further, add a few drops of lemon and 2 Vitamin E capsules. Mix them well & apply on your hair from root to tip. Wait for a minimum of half an hour & rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Eggs & Avocado:
The fats and oils in avocado help to repair dry, brittle or damaged hair. Take a small mixing bowl & mix avocado, olive oil, honey and essential oil. Apply this hair mask onto your hair & rinse out after 30 minutes. Then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
Beer & Egg Yolk Mask
Beer & egg yolk mask works wonders for fine or limp hair. It infuses your hair with the much-needed moisture to keep them healthy & happy. Beer contains malt & hops which strengthen your hair & make them appear fuller. Mix half a cup flat beer (Pour beer into a container and let it sit for a couple of hours) with 1 tbsp olive oil and a raw egg. Apply this to your hair for around 15-20 minutes & rinse off with cool water.
Eggs & Olive Oil
Eggs mixed with essential oils are a great hair nourishing therapy. Olive oil is extremely hydrating & protects your hair from damage. Mix whisked eggs with olive oil & leave it on your hair for about half an hour and then rinse off with a mild shampoo & cold water. Try this hair mask for well conditioned hair.
Points To Remember While Using Eggs On Hair
- Always wash your hair thoroughly after using egg yolk for hair.
- Never wash away the egg mask with warm water else they would literally start cooking. Rather, rinse with lukewarm or cold water.
- Do not leave the egg hair mask on for more than stipulated time. This will just make it harder to remove.
- The egg mixture might drip during application, so wear appropriate clothes to prevent them from staining.
Have you tried eggs in your hair care regime during winters?
You might also like to read:-
- LA Girl Crème Lipstick Secret Admirer Review & Swatches
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Mat4 Matte Antique Pink Lipstick Review & FOTD
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD
- Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask Review
- l’oreal matte morphose foundation Review
- QVS facial cleansing brush (Product review)
- Oily skin – Top 18 moisturizer for oily skin