Best Ayurvedic Remedies To Treat Problematic Skin
The skin is regarded as the mirror of an individual’s inner health. Beautiful glowing smooth skin is a sign of good health. Ayurveda has some time-proven tricks to make your skin clear, soft, and radiant without spending a fortune or loading up on chemicals.
Here are some general ayurvedic remedies to treat problematic skin-
- Boil neem leaves in water every day and wash the problematic area with this water. Soaps and shampoos should not be used on the problematic area.
- Mix 100 ml. of coconut oil and 5 grams of powdered camphor. Put this mixture in a glass bottle and screw the cap on tightly. Put the bottle in sunlight for two hours. Applying this mixture on the affected area is helpful.
- Take 50 grams of powdered yellow sulphur and mix it with 250 ml. of mustard oil or coconut oil. Apply this mixture on the problematic skin area everyday in the morning and wash after half an hour. Try to sit in the sun after applying this oil.
- Take 1-2 grams of purified sulphur (should be certified for internal use) twice a day with water.
- Prepare a powder by mixing equal quantities of turmeric, Amla, and Neem leaves. One teaspoonful of this powder can be taken twice a day with water. In case Amla and Neem are not available, only turmeric powder can be used in the dosage of half a teaspoonful twice a day with water.
- A teaspoonful of Triphala powder can be taken at bed time every night, with warm water or milk. Any other natural laxative such as prunes, figs and raisins can also be taken. Taking soft or mild laxatives to clear the bowels is also beneficial in the treatment of skin diseases.
- You can apply fresh juice of apricot leaves on affected parts of the body. It gives relief in eczema and scabies.
- Wheatgrass is a tonic for your skin. Wheat grass juice is also beneficial in skin diseases as it boosts the immune system, which helps to fight the disease.
- The patient should get as much fresh air as possible. Restrictive and tight clothing should not be worn. The patient should drink 3-4 liters of water every day.
- Aloe vera is also beneficial for skin diseases as it purifies the blood. Fresh aloe vera gel can be taken in the dose of two or three tablespoonfuls on an empty stomach every day.
- One should avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, hot spices, and fried foods, acidic and sour foods.Instead of ordering pizzas, burgers or feasting on chips, relish some fresh homemade food. Eat a lot of fruits and green vegetables.
- Use Ayurvedic, herbal soap or cleanser regularly to get rid of excess oil, grime and dust, and of course to keep you skin free of bacterial infections.
You should avoid alcohol-based skin cleansers because it irritates and dries your skin.
Have you tried these herbal remedies to treat your skin?
You might also like to read:-