How To Prevent Makeup Meltdown And Product Suggestions
One of the worst feelings in the World is when you put in a lot of effort into your makeup & it starts smudging & melting after a couple of hours. To avoid this, it is important to take necessary steps while choosing & applying makeup. So, today we present a few pointers to keep your makeup stay put & some product suggestions as well! Keep reading to find out more!
Start With A Clean Face: The first & foremost step is to cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser. An oily face makes the makeup melt much quicker. Then, apply a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer & let your skin absorb it.
Face Primer: Prep your face by applying a good face primer. This will help in preparing a smooth base for applying further products & blur imperfections as well. In addition, it will also make your makeup stay put in place.
- Colorbar Perfect Match Face Primer: A great primer which makes the makeup last longer. It minimizes fine lines & a little product goes a long way.
- Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch: Glides smoothly on the skin & makes it super soft. It is a perfect base for makeup & evens out the skin well.
Foundation: A good makeup base makes all the difference! Pick a long-lasting foundation that stays put for a good 7-8 hours. Go for oil-free formulas so that the makeup does not slide off your face. In addition, make sure that the foundation suits your skin type well & covers all the spots & blemishes. Also remember to blend the foundation well with a moist sponge so that it sets perfectly on your skin.
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation: Provides great coverage without looking cakey. The staying power is good & does not break out.
- Kryolan TV Paint Stick Foundation: A high coverage foundation which comes in a stick form. It stays for longer hours & provides a lot of shade options to choose from.
Concealer: Choose a concealer that provides good coverage for spots, blemishes & pigmentation on the skin. Start with thin layers and then build up the coverage if need be. Thick layers of makeup appear cakey & start fading off soon.
- MAC Prolongwear Concealer: It conceals perfectly & sets quickly without looking cakey. It stays well in place & does not melt or crease.
- Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Cream: This is a cream concealer which covers all kinds of spots & blemishes. It blends easily & does not appear cakey.
Set It In: This is an important step to set all your face makeup in place! Pick a good setting powder to keep your makeup intact & prevent it from smudging. It will also help in removing excess oil & make your makeup last longer.
- Chambor Silver Shadow Compact Powder: A great powder which would suit all skin types. It has a soft & smooth texture & controls oil effectively.
- Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Compact: This compact comes with a mirror & a sponge applicator. The texture is very smooth & blends easily into the skin. It provides medium coverage & feels very light on the skin.
Blush: Gel & liquid blushes work well in hot weather while cream blushes are perfect for winters. So it is important to pick your blush according to the weather. Start with a little product first & then gradually build the color in order to avoid clown cheeks.
Eye Shadow: Always apply an eye primer first when working with eye shadows. Trust me, it makes a lot of difference & keeps the eye makeup well in place! Once the lids are primed, lightly layer the shadow & build up the intensity as per your liking. You can also use a damp brush to make your eye shadow last longer.
Eyeliner: The formula of your liner makes all the difference while lining your eyes! Liquid & gel liners last longer than pencil ones. In case you still wish to use a pencil, then set it with a matte black shadow to keep it in place. And of course, always go for waterproof eyeliners to prevent them from smudging!
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner: This is one of the best gel eyeliners available today. It is highly pigmented & glides smoothly on the lids. The color payoff is superb & it stays put for long periods of time.
- Sugar Eye Told You So! Water Proof Eyeliner: This is a jet-black liner which is long-lasting. It does not smudge & is waterproof as well.
Mascara: Pick waterproof mascara to add definition to your lashes. In addition, you can also dust some powder on your lashes before applying a coat of mascara. This will help it last longer.
- Maybelline Hypercurl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara: A nice budget-friendly mascara which is ideal for daily wear. It is easy to use & has a waterproof formula.
- Faces Ultime Pro Gel Waterproof Mascara: This is a waterproof mascara which sets very quickly. It adds length to the lashes & is easy to use as well.
Lipstick: Start with a lip liner to define your lips. You can even first fill in your lips with the lip liner & then apply the lipstick. This will help it last longer than usual. Go for matte lipsticks that keep your lips well hydrated. Cream lip colors usually tend to fade off pretty soon! In addition, applying a lip balm underneath the lipstick always helps & keeps the lips hydrated.
- MAC Retro Matte Lipstick: These are great lippies from MAC which provide a matte finish without drying out the lips. These are highly pigmented & have an impressive staying power.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick: These are again well pigmented lipsticks which have a soft texture. They do not accentuate dry lips & the staying power is great.
A Few Pointers!
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated
- Avoid touching your face again & again to prevent your makeup from smudging
- Always keep blotting papers & pressed powders handy to fix your makeup on the spot
What do you do to prevent makeup from melting down?
You might also like to read:-