Covergirl True Naked Roses Palette Review, photos , Swatch & Details
All of you know about the US haul ..if not please check my video out here..
As most of you know that I love trying new things which come in the market. But when I saw this palette I thought it to be a dupe of the Urban Decay palette. It comes with a sponge tipped applicator and mirror similar like Maybelline’s Nudes Eye Shadow palette. The packaging of this palette is quite decent and has different sections for every single eye shadow. This is so comfortable to be used as the colors do not transfer to each other and the palette stays neat and clean.
- Price – $12.99
- Packaging – It comes in a rectangular plastic packaging with 8 eyeshadow compartments in it.It has a transparent flap which is good as I have two palettes so I can easily find out the shades .It also comes with an sponge applicator.
The palette seems to be quite pigmented. I have tried this eye shadow 3-4 times and I am impressed with the quality.
Covergirl palettes no doubt have soft and creamy texture that blends very easily and looks beautiful on eyelids but sometimes they fall out during application which is a certain drawback.
Nevertheless the palettes have gorgeous colors and this palette also has a collection of wonderful colors which are compatible with all skin tones. But I think people with lighter skin tone will have more favorites in this palette than the darker skin toned people.
The consistency of these eye shadows is extremely smooth and the formula of this palette is very soft these eye shadows are partly creamy and partly powder. This makes them easy to apply and blend. Otherwise it is difficult to expect a smooth blend and spread from the eye shadows. The buttery consistency of this palette is absolutely amazing and these are much pigmented as well.
Another advantage of this palette is that it is not entirely shimmery or entirely mattes. It is a mix of shades with some shimmery and other mattes. This makes it a complete palette for every kind of mood and occasion. To top it, the textures are incredible and allow you to have a smooth blend. Though, I would recommend you to use your fingers to blend these or may be a sponge rather than a brush as it would be a little tedious or might not blend the way you want. Using a sponge though is the best way as it would allow you to have the exact uniform color that you are looking for.
The worst issue with these palettes is that they are not available in India. You need to order it online through the international portals and wait patiently for their delivery. I hate to wait for something I so love. I would rather pick it up from a store nearby and begin using it.
Anyhow, I purchased this palette online from www.drugstore.com. If you want to order it, please purchase it from the site where it is available for $12.99. Believe me it’s totally worth the price!
Though let me tell you another problem here that drugstore doesn’t ship to India. I got it couriered through a friend. If you have someone there, you may do the same. Else you could try it with some other website and order.
This palette contains 8 shades:
- ALMOND – A gorgeous blending shade which can be used as a highlighter..Its matte and oh so smooth.
- CHAMPANGNE – As the name suggests its a champagne shade which has a metallic sheen to it.
- BABY- a very pigmented milky pink.I guess this is good as a transfer colour.
- ROSE GOLD – This shade reminds me of expensive pink shade from MAC although this is metallic.
- COPPER ROSE– Dusty rose shade…Just like the dusty lipsticks this one should be loved by the pink lovers.Pigmentation is lovely too
- DUSK – Shimmery shade with brownish finish. It has mauve shimmer particles just like the shade MOUSSE but its on the brown side.
- MAUVEGINE – It’s a metallic brown black shade.A shade not to be missed for sure! I am personally fond of metallic shade.They are a good change from lot of black matte eyeshadow which I own.
- MOUSSE-A very pigmented black shade perfect for smoky eyes.It has mauve shimmer particles which makes it look lovely
This palette definitely gets thumbs up from me for its perfect finesse. I cannot wait to try the shades more to have a stable view point.
Do share your review if anyone tried this palette.
Also , there is one more palette in covergirl which I have shown here and did a video along ..Do check it out
You might also like to read:-