By Ankita Saroj :-
This refreshing mist is much raved about in the beauty community and it is not so hard to see why. Infact, my own bottle is almost half empty even though I bought it 2 months ago. I watch a lot of beauty channels on Youtube and I have always come across this particular product being mentioned over and over again. It’s called MAC prep+prime+fix+ and many people wrongly think that this is a makeup setting spray. It is not a makeup setting spray but a refreshing mist and a finishing spray, meaning it will smooth out the makeup and enhance the dewiness of the skin. Keep on reading for my take on MACprep+prime+fix+.
- Price– INR 1650 for 100 ml
- Availability- Nykaa, MAC stores etc.
Claims- A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup. It soothes, hydrates and refreshes skin. Is non- acnegenic, dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
How to use?
Hold bottle 12 inches away from face and spray evenly. Use alone or to finish makeup.
Ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.
My experience with MAC Prep Prime Fix:-
- Packaging- Came in a black box that was covered in purple, pink and green sparkles, looking like a pretty galaxy. The bottle itself is transparent and frosted, through which the liquid is clearly visible. It has a spray pump which gets locked if you hold and twist the cover towards the right. You have to push the top to dispense the liquid.
Color, consistency and fragrance-
Color and consistency of it is like water, meaning it is totally transparent and doesn’t leave any kind of color on your skin. It smells like cucumber and rose water mixed together and is very soothing on the nose.
There are many different ways I utilize this spray:
- Use solo to replenish the moisture on the skin
- Use it in between my moisturizing and priming routine, as it enhances the natural dewiness of my skin.
- Spray onto my damp beauty blender before applying makeup with it.
- Spray onto my powdered face, which results in a seamless finish as usually the powder can look cakey on its own.
- Use on metallic or shimmery eyeshadows and face highlighters to make them appear more pigmented. The right way to do so is to spray the prep+prime+fix+ on the brush and then dipping it in the product for usage on the skin.
- Use to refresh my makeup throughout the day, whenever I need to touch up my makeup.
Pros- MAC Prep Prime Fix:-
- Handy and travel-friendly
- Refreshens and moisturizes the skin
- Dries down quickly
- Enhances the pigment on metallic/shimmery eyeshadows and face highlighters
- Bye to cake-face! Gives a natural/dewy finish to the makeup
Cons-MAC Prep Prime Fix:-
- Pricey and less quantity for the price
- People with oily skin may want to steer clear of this
- Does not affect the longevity of the makeup
- More products should not be layered upon it