Post by Ankita
Milani brow fix kit
Even if I have no makeup on, I like the look of having my “eyebrows on fleek” and well, who doesn’t? Eyebrows can make or break the entire makeup look. So whenever I’m in a hurry to fix my eyebrows, I always find myself reaching out for eyebrow pomades for bold brows or eyebrow powders for a more natural, yet groomed look, depending upon my mood. Eyebrow pencils, in my opinion are a tad bit harsh and difficult to use. Today I will be reviewing one of my favourite eyebrow fix kits from Milani. Their brow fix kits currently come in 3 shades: 01 Light- for light to light brown hair, 02 Medium- for medium to dark brown hair and 03 Dark- for dark brown to black hair. Keep on reading for my take on their 03 Dark brow fix kit.
- Price- 1000 INR for 4.2 gm
Availability- Nykaa, Flipkart, Amazon, etc.
Claims- Reach highbrow eyebrow status with the versatile Brow Fix Brow Shaping Kit. Seven professional tools ensure you’ll be the most polished woman in the room. Tweeze, fill in sparse brows, define, color, blend and highlight like a pro. The 3X magnifying mirror included in the kit makes on-the-go use as easy as it gets.
How to use- Tweeze excess hair from brows with the mini tweezers. Be sure to tweeze in the direction of hair growth. Apply hi-lite powder to brow bone with sponge brush applicator to enhance the area and to define the arches. Apply brow powders with slanted brush applicator in the direction of hair growth to fill and shape brows.
Ingredients: HI-LITE: Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163). +/- May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
BROW 1: Talc, Boron Nitride, Silica, Nylon-12, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499). +/- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
BROW 2: Talc, Boron Nitride, Silica, Nylon-12, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil). +/- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289).
- Packaging- It is much smaller than I expected but packs in all the necessities for perfect brows. It’s a vertical rectangle and has a click open and close design. The cover appears transparent and is divided into two equal parts. Toward the left, it contains a highlight shade, two eyebrow powder shades brow 1 and brow 2. Toward the right side rests a separate compartment for sponge applicator, slanted brow brush and tweezer. This small container pops up to reveal a vertical mirror which is too small for any use.
- Color, consistency and longevity- The highlight color appears a tad bit dark but blends down nicely once it is on the brow bone. Brow 1 is a cool toned medium brown and brow 2 is a taupe shade. The formula has minimal amount of fall-out but blends into the eyebrows nicely for a natural look. It does last all day long, so one does not need to worry about touch-ups.
Pros-Milani Brow Fix Kit
- Beginner- Friendly
- Versatile, so one doesn’t need to carry any additional brow-grooming tools
- 2 different brow powder shades to choose from
- Has a great brow bone highlighting shade
- Can be used on both dense and sparse eyebrows to give them a more polished look
Cons-Pros-Milani Brow Fix Kit
- Bit pricey
- Have to be careful about fall-out by tapping off the excess
- Mirror is more or less useless as it is vertical and too small
- Brushes and tweezer are miniature as well, but can still be used if one is very dexterous!
My experience and final thoughts- It is very convenient to use and carry. I have used it numerous times ever since I first bought it. However, I prefer to use my own eyebrow brush as the one in this kit is too small. I would definitely be recommending it to friends and family as it does what it claims to do.