Post By Pradnya,
Wise She Mega NYX Giveaway Entry 1 By Pradnya
Iâ€™m so sure, like me each one of you must have bought at least one lipstick that we hated or realized we simply couldnâ€™t use it, after the shopping fever was gone. Mostly the lipstick stays there for months after months reminding us of the stupid mistake, making us feel terrible.
I have gone through the experience many many times and just to make the pain in the heart little lighter, I came up with a few tricks to use the â€˜useless oneâ€™. Sometimes it so happens that while using it in different ways you start loving the shade, with changes or even as it is.
One can always use few lipsticks as a blush-on or eye shadow or bronzer, but here Iâ€™m suggesting ways to use it for what it is :)Iâ€™m suggesting a few ways to use the non-favorite lipstick; these are no innovative ways, most of us have tried these, so probably this is mostly a compilation.
First thing first â€“ Know why you donâ€™t like the shade â€“ Reasons can be only a few â€“ its too bright, too dull, too light, too dark or just â€˜not-my-shadeâ€™. There are many ways to actually change a shade or saturation of the lipstick.
- Fill in lip with a darker lip liner and then apply this lipstick
- Â Apply a lipstick in same family [browns/pinks], blot it and then apply this lipstick. Use it to tone down other brighter or darker lipsticks
- Â Use over foundation or primer, many times these will make the shade look like how you wanted it to be
How to make dark lipstick work for you
- Â Donâ€™t apply directly from the tube, try with a finger or a brush
- Apply over a lip balm for a sheer tint
- Apply this lipstick lightly and cover with another brighter or lighter shade
- Fill in lip with a lighter or nude lip liner and then apply this lipstick
- Cover with a lip-gloss
Â How to make dull lipstick work
- Use another bright shade to brighten up this one
- Use shimmer or bronze or even blush to add some sparkle â€“ for this , over the lipstick dab very little lip balm or Vaseline, and then apply the powder you like. The opaque pigment in blush can make it lighter too.
Â How to make bright lipstick work
This I find comparatively easy to tweak
A brown, light or dark will surely make the shade wearable. You can try either a lipstick or a lip liner for this.
Just overlap with any other light shade. Whether you use this as base or on top will change the shade a lot. This lipstick can even be worn as highlighter for many of your other lipsticks. Just dab a little bit of this over your other lipstick. You will be surprised to see what it can do to the dullest drabbest shade.
Â How to change lipstick shade
- Use Lip liners to dull a shade or brighten up. You can even add a tint of another colour with this. E.g. A brown lipstick can be given a hint of pink with a pinkish lip liner.
- Apply on lip balm or Vaseline to make sheer, like a tinted gloss
- Â Top with a gloss for another shade
- Dab with a finger for light application
- Apply the lipstick, dab with a tissue and then apply another shade
- Apply shimmer on top of a gloss
- While overlapping, Change the percentage of colour to explore new shades. Eg. While mixing brown and pink, use just a hint of pink with all brown or vise versa, or apply both in equal quantity.Â Experiment until you love the result
- While overlapping the same shades will give you different results if one is applied on top or as base colour. E.g. Brown on red will look much different than red on brown.
Just remember the basic families of shades and you will know what results to expect. Like Mauves, Browns, Reds, Pinks etc.
- Mix the dullest with the brightestÂ OR
- Brightest with a red- surprisingly sometimes red can look dull with the brighter shade! OR
- Red with a pink OR
- Pink with orange [Lovely Coral] OR
- Orange with browns â€“ [With little shimmer you get a beautiful bronze] OR
- Pink with bronze or golden OR
- Brown with bronze OR
- Pink with brown OR
Oh Iâ€™ll never get tired of mixing & using these!
I have to mention, I read somewhere that lipsticks should not be overlapped. I donâ€™t know why, and Iâ€™ve been doing it since a few years and havenâ€™t been able to find a reason. If any of you know the reason, pls do share!
While experimenting, youâ€™ll notice how many different shades you come across. You will definitely find your prefect combination and may be the hated lipstick will be the most favorite one
Â You might like reading these also:-
- KK Center HK ES Brand 28 Color Eyeshadow Make Up Blush Palette Info & Price
- Wise She Mega NYX International Giveaway
- MAC AT Delhi Couture Week 2011(Rohit Bal Backstage Photos)
- Clean With Me Laundary Washing Bag Review2
- Lâ€™oreal Color Riche Nutri Shine Lipstick in Old Rose Review
- Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask Review
- Lâ€™oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Cashmere Review & Swatches