11 Ways to Take Care of Sensitive Skin, senstive skin care
Never use too many skin care products on your skin. This should be the mantra to care for sensitive skin.
As per WebMD, you have sensitive skin if you experience skin reactions such as pustules, skin bumps, or skin erosion.Â Very dry skin which doesn’t properly protect nerve endings in the skin is also sensitive.Â A tendency towards blushing and skin flushing is another major symptom of sensitive skin.
The minor stinging, burning or redness after exposure to a particular product are not always due to sensitive skin. It is better to see a dermatologist to consult about your skin type and then take care accordingly.
Here are ten ways to take care of sensitive skin which may benefit you-
– Always keep sensitive skin clean but that doesn’t mean that you have to keep washing your face. Do not wash your face more than twice a day. If you overdo the washing then your skin may get irritated and flaky.
– Exfoliation is necessary for sensitive skin too but the frequency should not be high. You should exfoliate only once in every 15 days. If you feel the need then too, do not exfoliate more than once in a week.
– Always wear SPF to protect your extra delicate skin from sun. A word of caution again- do not wear sunscreens that have very high SPF. An SPF value of 30 is good enough to protect your skin. High SPF may irritate your skin.
– You can overcome skin sensitivity with good diet also. Including anti inflammatory food items is good. Spices like black pepper, turmeric and ginger are very effective in reducing inflammation and dullness.
– Never use harsh face washes and other kind of cleansers on sensitive skin. Such things remove natural oil of skin and may worsen the condition of sensitive skin.
– People with sensitive skin should especially be careful about the ingredients in the products they use on face. Using organic products is advisable. There should be less ingredients in a sensitive-skin friendly product. Your products should be free from paraben, alcohol and fragrances.
– Use a moisturiser regularly on your face. This will keep the skin protected and will prevent it from getting irritated and scaly. The moisturiser should not be oil-based.
– If your sensitive skin is on the dry side then you can moisturise it naturally. Beat an egg, add some mashed avocado and milk to it and apply the pack all over the face. Wash off after 15 minutes.
– For oily, sensitive skin, a clay mask with astringent property is beneficial. Take 4 tbsp. fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and add in lemon juice, honey and water. Use this face pack on your face. Apply properly and remove after 15 minutes.
– The use of makeup should be very limited as it may cause breakouts. Frequent touching of face should also be avoided in case of sensitive skin.
– Sensitive skin should not be exposed to warm water otherwise there are high chances of irritation. Cold or lukewarm water is best for washing suchÂ skin.
Do you have more information to share?
You might also like reading