Twenty years ago I got severely burnt on Diwali.Though I was a small child that time but I do remember the incident clearly till now as it left deep impact on me. A god sent Ayurvedic Doctor saved my face through his herbal remedy otherwise surgery was the only option left. I still have burnt marks on my hands though thankfully not on face.
I am sharing this with you guys today because I always get concerned about kids on Diwali.
I never let any kid come near to me when I am cooking something in kitchen because the feeling of being burnt is still in my heart.
I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t attend school for four months and when I resumed back I came to know that there was a boy in our class who too got burnt but his situation was worse because the cracker got into his eyes. Every year number of people lose their eyesight and sustain burns .
The festival of lights , Diwali brings fun and togetherness but it loses is charm when incident like these take place.
Below are some of the ways by which one can prevent loss of eyesight and other mis happenings on Diwali
1.Whenever you ignite crackers use a candle or agarbatti. This way you can keep a greater distance between your hands and fireworks.
2. An adult should always be there to supervise the use of fireworks by children.
3. Keep a fire extinguisher or bucket near by to stop any incipient fire.
4. Choose the area carefully before igniting fore works. There should be any material lying in the area which is inflammable.
5. Most of the incident take place because of rockets and missiles as they need lot of space. It is advisable to lighten the fireworks in open grounds .
6 Move quickly from the burst and light one fireworks at a time.
7. Wait for the fireworks to get finished properly.
8. Store fireworks in a cool , dry and safe place.
9 Igniting fireworks while holding them is a recipe of disaster.
10. Do not experiment with fireworks.
11. Never try to re use the fireworks.
12. No matter how safe the firework is, do not think of throwing it on someone else.
13. Do not carry fireworks in your pockets.
14. If there is an eye injury then consult an eye specialist without delaying it.
15. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t burn fireworks on a vehicle.
Hope my small tips help you people.
Have a fun filled and beautiful Diwali!!!
Your neighbourhood friend