Even if you don’t wear makeup often I am sure you will have one or two black kohl or eyeliner with you. I like black eyeliners and tend to pick them up quite often. Lets face it all black eyeliners smudge – at least they smudge on my eyes until and unless I don’t dab some powder eyeshadow on it but my every black eyeliner is particular to me so thought of sharing my views with you today 🙂
- NYXÂ Jumbo Eye Pencil Black Bean – Black bean is a shiny black so when one tops it with glitter it gives a beautiful effect. I will do an eye makeup up look with this one sometime. These are long staying butÂ have creasing problem. In India they cost Rs 350 where as one can get it in $3.5 from cherryculture.com
- Revlon Smoky Crayon 006 Black – Revlon smoky crayon is a limited edition product and costs Rs 525. Black is matte , creamy and blends amazingly especially for smokey eye makeup. Does smudge badly so there is noÂ point using it on lower lashline. I highly recommend this if you are a smoky eye makeup lover. It comes in two shades one black and other one is bronze .You can check out smokey eye makeup with both these crayons here.
- Â Maybelline Colossal Kajal – I liked the pigmentation of this kajal and it doesn’t smudge much but it’s kind of a boring kajal. It lacks shine and doesn’t stay long on my eyes. It’s decently priced(Rs150) but lacks that shine which one wants to have with eyeliners. Texture of the eyeliner is smooth so it’s kind of a hit and miss kajal.
- Amway Attitude Eyeliner Pencil Kajal Coal -I really liked this .It is intensely black , smooth, very very long staying and doesn’t sting my eyes. Priced at Rs 275 this one can be used for smoky eyes as well.
- Chambor Stay on Waterproof eyeliner forever black – I was hooked to this eyeliner though out my MBA and continued using it till now. It cost Rs 340 but nowÂ I think was a wrong purchase because there are better black eyeliner in market which are less priced then this one.It stays for long, is jet black and good for sensitive eyes.
Swatches (From LtoR)
NYX Jumpo pencil(black bean), Revlon Smoky crayon Black, Maybelline colossal kajal black, Amway Attitude kajal coal an chambor stay on waterproof eyeliner forever black .
- Â Shahline herbal eyeliner – I learned to apply winged eyeliner from Shahnaz liquid eyeliner only.It’s one of my favourite eyeliners because it is easy for me to apply thin lines with it.I got it about an year back and that time it cost Rs 350 they might have increased the price now. It has strong camphor fragrance which reminds me of a herbal thing which I am using and then there is a small inbuilt mirror in it – although it was hardly used but I liked the company effort. It stays out whole day and is easy to remove.
- Lakme Shimmer eyeliner Midnight Moon – I like midnight moon because of its greyish black metallic finish.Costs Rs275 for3.5ml and has a nice thin brush. This one too is nice to be used as an winged eyeliner.
- Lakme Eye Artist pen review -Â Eye Artist is a great product to be used by those who are always in rush to line their eyes.It dries quickly and like a sketch pen one can play with it.I find it difficult to use for applying thin lines because of its sketch pen like tip but some people consider it as an advantage. Also, I am a clumsy person and I landed up staining my hand with it badly like school days:duh:
- BYS 01 Black – This was gifted to me by one of my very close friend so I don’t know the price.Its a nice matte black but it doesn’t show up much on my lower lash line and it’s not available in India not even online 🙁
Â Swatches (LtoR)
BYS, Lakme eye artist, Lakme shimmer eyeliner midnight moon, Shaline herbal eyeliner(Liquid)
Â Maybelline Gel Eyeliner Black – Priced Rs 350 it’s one of my favourite gel eyeliners. It can be used for smokey eyes and also as an eyeliner. Intensity is super dark and it comes with a flat bristled brush. I like the staying power ofÂ it and easy to apply on waterline.I prefer removing it with coconut oil or baby oil as it is a big task to remove it. I and upasana has done various eye looks with Maybelline gel eyeliner which you can see here
Â Swatches of Maybelline gel eyeliner (Black)
- Â Tips & Toes waterproof eyeliner – It has a felt tip applicator I love its glossy black finish. It’s one of the most long stayingÂ waterproof eyeliners. It just refuses to budge from its place and it’s a pain to remove it off (Price Rs250)
Â Swatches of Tips and Toes waterproof eyeliner
Â These are three kajals which I was able to found from my stash there are more which are missing right now.Oh yes! before I move to kajal there is MAC smolder too which I forgot to cover here.It’s one of my favourite eyeliner for smokey eyes does smudge if used on lower lashline.
- Shahnaz Kajal – I have been using this kajal since my college days its long staying and intensely black and like I said all kajals smudge on my eyes and only option is to dab some eyeshadow on them to prevent that. Also, if you keep Kajal for a long time with you they start loosing their effect and starts smudging more.
- Lotus Kajal– This is more or less the same as Shahnaz one
- Elle 18 colourburst Kajal – It is more glossier than lotus or shahanz and has a more pointed tip and cuter packaging. It claims to have cocoa butter which I think makes it smoother in application .
Â Swatches of Shahnaz, Lotus and Elle 18 colour burst kajal
Â What’s your HG Black eyeliner or Kohl?
Â You might like reading these also:-