20 Foods For Healthy Skin And Hair
So far we saw what to apply, how to cure, etc. for skin and hair from outside and now itâ€™s time to think what we can do from inside for healthy skin and hair. After all, the skin shows what we eat and drink. If you have glowing skin and healthy, shiny hair, it means you eat healthy. If you donâ€™t care about your health and eat everything unhealthy then your skin and hair can show it. What shall I eat now for healthy skin and hair now? Letâ€™s check that now.
- BlueberriesÂ is rich in antioxidants and this protects your skin from premature ageing. Take half a cup of it regularly with yogurt or cereal.
- Wild Salmon is very rich in omega-3-fatty acids which are required to get moisturized and supple skin. Selenium in it protects skin and hair from harsh sun rays. The rarely found vitamin D in salmon keeps your nails stronger.
- SpinachÂ is very rich in nutrients and antioxidants. It is loaded with lutein, vitamin B, C, E, potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium.
- Oysters has zinc which helps in skin cells regeneration and repair. It keeps nails, hair and eyes healthy.
- TomatoesÂ consist of lycopene, an antioxidant which gets absorbed by the body easily. This can keep your skin and hair very healthy.
- WalnutsÂ are rich sources of vitamin E and omega-3-fatty acids which keep your eyes, bones or nails, skin and hair very healthy. Just a handful of walnuts can do a lot more things for you.
- KiwisÂ are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants which help skin stay firm, prevent wrinkles, keep nails and bones stay strong. These antioxidants fight against free radicals and prevent premature ageing.
- If you love dark chocolate like me then go ahead. This can keep your skin well hydrated, protect it from sun damage and keep it looking healthy with rich flavonoid content in it.
- Yogurt is quite rich in calcium as you all know. This can keep your posture perfect and keep your nails strong. Just add it to your breakfast or evening snacks in one or the other way.
- Sweet potatoes are very rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant which is required to fight skin aging. You can try many recipes with sweet potatoes and snack them in the evening.
- Olive oil can greatly reduce the skin aging process due to the presence of antioxidants, polyphenols which fight against free radicals.
- Oatmeal taken as a whole grain in your breakfast regularly can be a good alternative to your other types of unhealthy breakfast. If you have pimple prone oily skin, then you should eat a bowl of it with few chopped fruits in it without sugar.
- Sardines are rich with omega-3-fatty acids which are essential to have healthy skin and to prevent premature aging. These fatty acids are well capable of giving clear skin.
- Green Tea is rich with polyphenols, a type of antioxidants which fight against free radicals. It protects skin from harsh sun rays and improves skin elasticity.
- Kale is very rich in ziaxanthin and lutein which can neutralize free radicals due to UV rays in the skin and keep skin firm and healthy.
- Rosemary, thyme, etc. are herbs which should be taken regularly to reduce the risk of developing melanoma. It protects skin damage due to sun rays.
- Almond Milk can be a great alternative to your regular dairy milk which can cause acne, wrinkles, etc. Unsweetened almond milk on consumption can prevent all these skin issues.
- Soy consists of aglycone, an isoflavone can prevent aging signs like fine lines and wrinkles by improving skin elasticity. It can prevent collagen from breaking down.
- Yellow Bell Peppers can also prevent premature skin ageing and keep those wrinkles and fine lines at bay to greater extent. Antioxidants in yellow bell peppers can fight against free radicals can neutralize them.
- Pumpkin Seeds And Sunflower Seeds are also very rich sources of beta-carotene and vitamin E respectively. These can also keep skin and hair healthy always.
Do you eat the 20 Foods For Healthy Skin And Hair?
You may also like reading:-