20 Things Which Only Happens In India
India sure is a land of opportunities. We cannot deny that India is the place where anyone can make a name for himself doing the weirdest things possible. We are the people who can make our way to be pointed out anywhere in the world. People can recognize us from only a hint and we never turn an opportunity back to prove that we belong to this Motherland India.
I hope to bring out the idea of how much hypocrites we Indians are; maybe we can take out something out of this post and work towards it. Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â We have to be with our fellow Indians in their good and bad times and there is no possibility of running away from it.Â It is better to learn from our mistakes and rise up. PS, this is aimed at a sarcastic run down but it definitely is a post on a lighter note. Please read with an open mind J
- We worship God to the hilt. We can feed the statues and idols but shoo away the poor
- Superstitions are our birth right and we shall follow them, no matter whatÂ
- We can accept homos as auspicious but gays arenâ€™t welcome in IndiaÂ
- Who says a two-wheeler is meant for two people?
- Even trains are meant to be riding on the roof top, if you can dance, even better!
- If you think you are only going to see cars and two-wheelers on road, think again!
- You just have to honk at least a 100 times if you are in traffic. You know that the cars ahead cannot move but still if you did not honk you cannot be an Indian!
You got to be kidding me if you have not witnessed a street fight!Â
- We cannot miss our daily soaps, they are the lifeline of how we behave
- Our weddings mean a lot of splurge on clothes, feastings and meeting a lot of relatives!
- We can barge in any marriage for the free food!
- The empathy crying when the bride leaves for her new home.Â
- Cricket is the most important festival, you cannot take it out of IndiaÂ
- At a gathering, you have to have relatives who have not seen you since ages but they are your best buddiesÂ
- Candle March is a must post Rang De Basanti for anything and everything
- You are not â€œwell raisedâ€ if you do not greet people at gatherings
- You have to follow at least one messenger of God!
- We follow Athithi Devo Bhava way too literally by giving them â€œextraâ€ Attention
- Begging can be our full time professionÂ
- Last but not the least; we have to answer the natureâ€™s call immediately, irrespective of where we are!
I do not think I need to dwell more on the go on this. You can simply love or simply hate India but for us Indians, we love our country so much so that whatever it may be, we just cannot leave it. We have withstood together the various things that happen and we feel no regret in saying that whatever good or bad happens here â€“ IT HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA.