Amongst all the dry fruits almonds are my favorites. Almonds or Baadam not only tastes yummy and crunchy but also are super effective when it comes to stay fit, healthy and beautiful. Consuming almonds daily is an easy way to incorporate many crucial nutrients into your diet. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, potassium and other vital nutrients. If you are in a weight-loss campaign you should try to consume at least a fistful of almonds everyday as they are a significant source of protein and fiber and naturally low in sugar.
According to wiki, of all the tree nuts, almonds rank highest in protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin and niacin content by weight. This rich in protein and fiber food can help you in acquiring amazing results when applied on skin and hairs, so ladies read on to know more so as to how to prepare face packs as per various skin types using this magical nut.
How to prepare Almond Paste?
First of all soak almonds in milk for 4-5 hours. Then peel the cover and then grind it finely. This is the first step for all types of almond face packs and face scrubs.
Face Pack for Dry skin:
- 5-6 Almonds.
- 4 tablespoon Milk.
- 1 teaspoon milk creame.
- First of all soak Almonds cloves in milk for 4-5 hours, then peel the cover and then grind it finely.
- Take this paste in a saucer and add milk creame to it.
- To apply it easily you can add some milk in it for a thinner consistency.
- Now apply it all over your face, you can apply it on under eye areas also.
- After 15-20 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Being rich in Vitamin E, Almonds provide natural moisturisation to dry skin. It cleanses dry flaky and dead skin layer and add a glowing sheen to it. Natural oils present in Almonds nourish dry skin and hydrates it sufficiently, as a result of which the skin will become soft, supple and smooth.
- A power house of beauty- Milk is known since ages to deeply cleanses the skin. Milk lightens the complexion and keeps it soft and smooth.
- Milk creame checks skin discoloration and improves skin texture over regular usage.
Face Pack for Combination Skin:
- 5-6 almonds.
- 1 teaspoon of Rice flour.
- Rosewater (optional)
- First of all make a fine paste of Almonds as described above.
- Take 1 teaspoon of this paste in a saucer and to it add Rice flour.
- To get a creamy consistency you can add Rosewater to it.
- Apply it all over your face leaving under eye and lips area.
- After 15-20 minutes wash it off using circular motion of your fingers and pat your face dry.
- Vitamin E and other antioxidants present in Almonds put a hold on harmful free radicals present in your body and as a result, the ageing process gets delayed and you remain younger-looking for a longer period. It repairs the damaged skin tissues internally and accelerates the formation of new cells. Hence, the tone and texture of the skin are enhanced considerably and it appears more smooth and even.
- Rice flour is the best thing when it comes to reduce the horrifying effects of Sun rays on the skin i.e. tanning. It lightens stubborn tans, deeply cleans your pores and over a period of time lightens skin tone also with regular usage.
Face Pack for Oily Skin:
- Â½ teaspoon Multani Mitti.
- 5-6 drops rose water.
- Grind almonds and make a semi-fine paste of it.
- To it add Multani mitti and Rose water.
- Make a paste like consistency and apply on face leaving under eye and lips area.
- After 15 minutes scrub it off and wash your face.
- Slight rough texture of this face pack due to the presence of Almonds in it makes it a good scrub. Almond is a great exfoliant and it effectively removes dirt and grime deeply rooted in pores. It lightens blemishes and make skin tone appears more even.
- Multani mitti absorbs excess oil; put a check on acne and zits. It also control the problem of large open pores and balance the oil content present in almonds in this face pack.
- Rose water is the gentlest of all the natural astringents and provides a softness to skin.
Thus ladies we can safely bet that Almonds are power-packed with all the beauty benefits which keeps our skin soft smooth and glowy. With almonds being readily available and widely used in our cuisines it makes a lot of sense to use this gem in our homemade skin care products also. Home-made packs being so beneficial for our skin with no additives or harmful chemicals-making our own beauty products is so much fun, saves us money and gives a satisfaction that the ingredients used in the packs will only do good to our skin as they are the blessings from our own Mother Nature.
Do you use almonds for your skin?
You might also like readingÂ these:-