Natural ingredients are simply the best for taking care of and pampering the skin. More so if that ingredient is seasonal- it is one of the freshest and most effective products that Mother Nature has to offer us. Todayâ€™s post is about oranges which are available everywhere now a days and a rich source of Vitamin C. Before proceeding with the face pack recipes let me write something about the beauty benefits of oranges.
Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C and flavonoids, they are also a good source of vitamin A, the B vitamins, amino acids, beta-carotene, pectin, potassium, folic acid, calcium, iodine, phosphorus, sodium, zinc, manganese, chlorine and iron. The combination of the high amount of anti-oxidant (vitamin C) and flavonoids in oranges makes it one of the best fruits in helping to promote optimal health. Orange has toning and astringent properties and is great for improving the skin texture and complexion. Oranges do have the capability of closing the pores and also shrinking them temporarily. Orange is one fruit that can do wonders to your skin. It has astringent and toning properties that can make your skin healthier and fairer. Orange has a good amount of Vitamin C that can improve your skin texture as well as makes it glow. This citrus fruit also helps your skin in restoring collagen tissue; collagen is responsible for skin firming and it also prevents early ageing. So as obvious Orange is a power fruit loaded with ample beauty benefits and there is a way how people with different skin types can get benefitted from its numerous beauty impacts.
Face pack recipe for oily skin:
- 2 Â teaspoon of orange juice.
- 1 teaspoon of green gram powder.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Squeeze 3-4 carpels(faank) of orange to get pure juice, you can also add some pulp for added benefits.
- Take 2 teaspoon of orange juice in a saucer and to it add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Finally add 1 teaspoon of green gram powder to it and mix well.
- Avoiding lips and under eye area apply this face pack all over your face & let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Now using light circular motion of hands scrub it off and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry your face and finally apply moisturizer to seal in the benefits of this wonderful face pack.
Green gram is a natural substitute of soap and thoroughly cleans your face. Lemon juice removes tan and dark spots and act as natural bleach. As orange is a citrus fruit, it also works on acne. The citric acid in the fruit acts as natural astringent and helps in drying away the pimples. Â Juice and the pulpy part of the fruit help the skin in maintaining glow and brightness. Ascorbic acid content of orange absorbs excess oil and sebum from oily skin and keeps the pores unclogged and clean. This face pack can also be used a scrub where it exfoliate the dead layer of cells making way for refreshed and youthful skin.
Face pack recipe for combination skin:
- 2 teaspoon orange juice.
- 1 teaspoon of milk powder.
- A pinch of Aamba haldi.
- Squeeze juice from 2-3 orange carpels and keep it aside.
- I have Aamba haldi plant in my garden. You can take it from some Aayurvedic store from your place. It actually is the root part of the plant. Dry it in sunlight for 2-3 days , then make fine powder of it in grinder and put it in an airtight jar . You can alternatively use normal haldi also but IMO it will be probably not as effective as Aamba Haldi is.
- Add a pinch of Aamba haldi in 2 teaspoon of orange juice and to this mixture add 1 teaspoon of milk powder to it.
- Apply this face pack in usual manner (i.e. avoiding lips and eye area) and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash it off with splashes of water and apply moisturizer on your face.
Aamba haldi is known since ages for its amazing beauty benefits.Â It helps to keep the skin looking young and fresh. As it contains many antioxidants, it is great for mature skin, as it helps in keeping fine lines at bay. It helps stimulate new cell growth and lightens skin complexion also. Aamba haldi is said to clear pigmentation and even out skin tone it can even check occasional zits that you may have on your T-zone. Milk powder helps clear dullness, clearing stubborn age and dark spots and they can also clear your complexion. Milk powder also helps to get rid of excessive skin pigmentation, skin dryness, acne problems and removes tanning. Orange juice has bleaching properties and can be used to lighten skin tone. Â Â It refreshes your skin and makes it radiant. glowy and even reduces dark spots & blemishes. Regular use of this pack will even out your skin tone and refreshes your skin in a jiffy.
Face pack for dry skin:
- One teaspoon of grated orange rind.
- One teaspoon besan.
- One teaspoon of curd.
- Using direct orange juice can be a bit harsh on dry skin so I advise to use grated orange rind instead. Some people also use dried orange peel powder, but I always prefer fresh things so am using grated orange rind here. Take 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel in a clean saucer/bowl.
- To it add 1 teaspoon of yoghurt and finally to it add besan.
- Mix it in a creamy consistency and apply it liberally on your face.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes then rinse it off in a light scrubbing manner.
- Pat your face dry and apply moisturizer.
Besan deep cleanses your pores and helps keeping your skin soft and supple. Over a period of time it even outs skin tone and lightens age spots also. Curd removes tans and naturally moisturizes the skin. Orange rind improves the texture of your skin as it exfoliates and hydrates it well. This pack will remove all the dead skin and dirt from your face and give you a fresh feel. Your skin not only will feel soft and moisturize but you will also notice a visible difference in your skin tone-you will find it more even and clearer.
Thus as you see making face packs from this seasonal available fruit is so damn easyâ€¦it is not only inexpensive but a lot more effective in final outcomes as compared to the chemical based ones. An orange can help you a lot in looking good and glowy. So next time when you go to market donâ€™t forget to buy Oranges not only to enjoy their tangy taste but also to get the most out of this wonder fruit in beauty part too and untill next time stay gorgeous. Mwwaahh.
Did you like these 3 orange face packs?
You might alsoÂ like reading these:-
- MAC Semi Precious Collection India â€“ Soon In Store
- How To Make Earring Holder / Jewellery Display Stand â€“ DIY
- MAC Backstage At Manish Gupta And Pretti S. Kapoor
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Week 2 October)
- My Mac Haul On Wise She Recommendations