One warm afternoon I was giving manure to pots in my garden when the Marigold(Genda) flowers caught my attention. Every winter my garden turns into that golden yellow vision with subtle fragrance– thanks to the different varieties of Marigold that my Maali seeds in every year at the onset of winters and after some days these flowers bloom with their full glory and beauty J. So the main ingredient of todayâ€™s post is Marigold or Genda about which Iâ€™ll write here today.
According to Wikipedia Marigold has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as it is a strong antiseptic agent and a very effective astringent. Marigold is used to treat minor skin problems, such as rashes, minor burns, acne and eczema. It is considered a vulnerary agent, a substance that promotes healing. It has been used for a variety of other skin problems such as, skin ulcers and inflammation and for relieving conjunctivitis. Marigold flower extract is wonderful when rubbed onto the face and skin, which may prevent wrinkles by stimulating the collagen production by the body. Marigold also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activity and the most well-known health benefits are for those dealing with skin ailments of all kinds. It can be used as a natural moisturizer and is very soothing to irritated chapped and sun-damaged skin. It has healthy influences on oily skin and normalizes the activity of the sebaceous glands and is useful for oily hair as well as, reducing dandruff.
So after knowing about so many amazing benefits of marigold I decided to pluck some â€œGenda Phoolâ€ from my garden and prepared some face mask recipes which today Iam gonna share with you all.
Face Pack Recipe for Dry Skin:
- 10-15 Marigold flower petals.
- 5-6 drops of Honey.
- 1 teaspoon Milk Creame.
- Â½ teaspoon Gram Flour
- Crush Marigold petals into fine pieces.
- Mix this with 5-6 drops of honey and 1 teaspoon of milk creame and add to it besan.
- Mix this into such consistency where you can apply the mixture easily on your face avoiding under eye and lip area.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it off using wet cloth.
- Honey and milk creame are natural moisturizer which keeps your skin soft and supple.
- Marigold soothes skin prevents further dryness and impart a natural glow to your face.
- Besan deep cleanses your skin.
Face Pack Recipe for Combination Skin:
- 10-12 Marigold flower petal.
- Â½ teaspoon of curd.
- Â½ teaspoon of Chandan Powder.
- Crush flower petals finely and take it in a bowl.
- To it add curd and chandan powder.
- Make it into a creamy consistency and apply it all over your face except under eye and lips area.
- After 15-20 minutes rinse it off using luke-warm water.
- Marigold is a natural moisturizer and helps keeping wrinkles at bay. It clears blemishes also.
- Curd removes tan and deep cleanses the skin.
- Chandan powder helps in tightening the pores and clarifying the skin.
Face Pack Recipe for Oily Skin:
- 10-12 crushed Marigold petals.
- Â½ teaspoon of dry Amla Powder.
- 5-6 drops of lemon juice.
- Â½ teaspoon of curd.
- First of all either grind dry pieces of Amla or get ready-made Amla powder.
- Take Â½ teaspoon of amla powder, to it add crushed Marigold petals and 5-6 drops of lemon juice.
- To this mixture add curd to get a smooth consistency which can be applied easily on the face.
- Avoiding lips and under eye area apply this paste and wash after 20 minutes.
- Marigold helps in checking excess sebum thus checking excessive oiliness.
- Lemon juice checks acne and black-heads, it is extremely beneficial for oily skin.
- Curd cleanses the skin and also makes skin glow.
- Amla juice has astringent properties that can tighten pores, put a check on blemishes and gives a clear healthy look to oily skin.
Thus as you can see that how easy these face pack recipes are. Seasonal fruits and flowers are the best gifts that nature has to offer us every year. I not only use these flowers at the time when they are fresh but also when they are off-season i.e. in the dried form. These Marigold face pack recipes will work wonders for your skin, give them a shot. Till next post in this series- Stay beautiful. Ciao.
Have you tried Marigold for your skin?
You might also like to checkout the video
You might also like reading these:-