Papaya is known as “The fruit of the Angels”. Apart from the know to all great benefits of papaya for health, it is extensively being used in skin care and hair care. This is one fruit, I am sure, everyone loves to have. Papaya pulp is so great for oily skin and I swear by eating and using papaya for various benefits. Let’s have a look at skin and hair benefits of papaya
Skin Benefits Of Papaya:
Papaya is best for skin care as it promises and works to provide healthy and glowing skin.
1. Being a good source of Vitamin A and Papain, this fruit helps in removing dead skin cells and breaks down the inactive proteins.
2. The best feature of papaya is its â€˜Low Sodium Qualityâ€™, thus resulting in very little retention of water. Simply, it helps to keep your skin hydrated. Best for dry skin too 😀
3. Papaya contains more Carotene when compared to other fruits like apple, custard apple, guava and plantains. Not being an expensive fruit, papaya is a common manâ€™s fruit which is beneficial in many ways. The application of finely grounded paste of raw papaya on the face for 25 minutes helps reduce those unwanted pimples and other embarrassing blemishes on the face.
4. The mashed papaya can be used for treating the sore and cracked heels.
5. Papaya also acts as a natural skin exfoliator. Application of papaya also helps in removing skin discoloration.
6. Not only the pulp but the peel of papaya is also used on the face, and it can also be used for whitening the legs.
Hair care with Papaya:
1. Rich in nutrients, papaya may help prevent balding, thus helping boost growth and strength of the hair.
2. Papaya is also used for controlling dandruff.
3. Add papaya to your daily diet to help reduce hair thinning. Although no scientific evidence has been derived with this theory, but still many people have tried and found it worthy. Results may vary from individual to individual.
4. Papaya being rich in minerals, vitamins and enzymes also helps in removing the dirt, oil and chemical build up from the hair in a very safe way.
5. Papaya leaf extracts can be used as a conditioner for adding shine to dull, unruly and lifeless hair.
How do you like to use papaya?
You might like to read:-