5 Rose Powder Masks You Should Check Out
Rose petal powders have a sensational fragrance combined with numerous beauty benefits. Roses have been used since ancient times in India, Rome and Egypt in several bath and beauty rituals. Roses are royal flowers which are not only beautiful to gaze at but also have several health and beauty benefits including aromatherapy. Roses are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C that fights free radicals and keeps our skin youthful. They are naturally enriched with essential oils that rejuvenate our skin. It also keeps our skin blemish free, hydrated, and glowing, also oil free due to natural astringent action on skin.
We would like to mention few beauty benefits of Rose petal powder before proceeding towards the DIY rose mask recipes.
- -It can be used as a natural sunscreen due to presence of Vitamin C that helps in defence against UV rays.
- -It can control excessive oil or sebum production due to its astringent action.
- -It is rich in loads of antioxidants that help in keeping us youthful.
- -It can naturally cleanse our skin when used with multani mitti.
- -It can help in clearing blemishes and acne, scars.
- -It removes dirt, grime and dead skin cells leaving our skin smooth and supple.
- -It soothes sensitive irritated skin.
- They can soothe tired and puffy eyes, and also treat under eye circles.
- -It can also be used an agent for prickly heat treatment.
- -It softens dry hair and nourishes hair follicles from within, this promoting hair growth.
- -It helps in detoxifying our skin, and also imparts a glowing effect.
- -It has calming effects on our skin, body and hair.
- -When used with cucumber seed oil or carrot seed oil, makes an effective sun block.
- -They are rich in essential oil and AHAs that naturally exfoliates our skin and makes it spotless.
- -It also works as anti- spasmodic and can relieve muscular spasms.
DIY Rose Mask Recipes:
Tan Removal Rose Face mask:
It is a very useful facial mask that can be used for removing temporary tans from face and neck. We would recommend this mask to be used especially during summers when our skin gets tanned and oily.
Method: We need to take 1tbsp of Rose petal powder in a small bowl and we have to mix it with 1tbsp of yogurt, Â½ tbsp of almond powder and 1 tbsp of cucumber juice. After mixing, once we get a homogeneous mixture can apply it on our face, neck and other exposed body parts prone to tanning.
Anti-ageing Rose Facial Mask:
This is another useful anti- ageing facial mask that can be used by all age. This is a potent mask that keeps our skin, firm and glowing.
Method: We have to take 1tbsp of Rose petal powder and mix it with 1tbsp of aloe vera juice, egg white, 1 tbsp of green tea and Â½ tbsp of honey. This DIY recipe is useful in keeping our skin firm, toned and youthful. It also adds a natural glow to our face and keeps it blemish free and hydrated due to presence of honey.
Hair softening Rose powder-Coconut milk Mask:
This is our favourite hair softening recipe that works best during summers when hair tends to get dry and damaged. This mask increases blood circulation, nourishes hair follicles and encourages new hair growth.
Method: We need to take 3-4 tbsp for rose petal powder, 4 tbsp of amla powder, 3-4 tbsp of hibiscus powder, and 100 ml of coconut milk. We can also add a drop of rosemary or lavender essential oil. We need to mix all the ingredients properly and should use the mask on scalp and all over the hair and can leave it for an hour.
Hydrating Rose Sugar Body Scrub:
This body scrub recipe is useful for dry skin beauties. Rose powder has natural moisturizing effects, we can enhance it by mixing ingredients like oatmeal, honey and yogurt. For antioxidants, we can add some amount of unsweetened cocoa powder, and coffee powder too. This scrub smells heavenly and removes dead skin cells without stripping natural oils from body.
Method: We need to take 2-3 tbsp of rose petal powder and should mix it with 2 tbsp of yogurt, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of oatmeal, 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of coffee powder, Half cup sugar, 2-3 drops of olive oil, 1-2 drops Geranium and rose ship essential oil each. Just mix all the ingredients and use it on your body to get spa treatment kind effects.
Detoxifying Rose-Dead Sea Clay Body Mask:
Benefits of rose petal powder can be enhanced further when used in combination with clays. One of the most potent clays for detoxifying our skin is none other than Dead Sea clay. Dead Sea clay has numerous benefits including detoxification and anti ageing. When used with rose extracts, it makes our skin soft, smooth, and flawless. It can refine fine lines and make our skin tight, supple and young looking.
Method: We need to take 3-4 tbsp of Dead Sea clay in a bowl and mix it with one tbsp of rose powder, Â½ tbsp of orange peel powder and dilute it with either green tea or homemade rose water. We can keep the mask for half an hour on our body and then was it off.
Have you tried Rose Powder for your skin care?
You might like to read:-