I have been using multani mitti or fuller’s earth since childhood. It is one thing I can’t imagine my face without 😛 When I have no other face pack to apply or even if I know a number of face masks to apply, I would blindly go and use my favorite multani mitti. It helps me to get rid of excess oil and impurities and impart a coolness to my face in summers. Let us take a look at other benefits of multani mitti.The reason that multani mitti is so raved about because it removes the dead cells from the skin making space for it to breathe.
- Multani mitti masks are very effective in making your skin glow as well as improving the texture of the skin. It is very helpful in removing acne and blemishes to a great degree. It is well capable of removing all the impurities from the skin so that the pores are unclogged and thus prepares the face for any serum or cream application. In this way the cream gets more absorbed and works more effectively.
- One of the most popular uses of multani Mitti is for those with oily skin. It effectively absorbs excess oil and removes all the dirt which unclog the pores. Multani mitti with rose water makes an excellentÂ face masks for oily skin. For dry skin, add milk and almond paste to it. It improves blood circulation also. Now, you can use it for a healthy skin too.
Multani mitti is well known for its oil absorbing property, as you all are aware. Itâ€™s for this reason that it is added in most of the face packs. It cools down irritated skin instantly. I always use multani mitti after a bad day in sun and pollution. It works wonders for acne prone skin. It soothes down the redness and helps in reducing the flaming irritation. It not only fight pimples and acne but also reduces their reappearance. Multani mitti is also known to reduce blemishes. For all these you can use a pack of multani mitti with tomato juice, turmeric and sandalwood powder. Apply and leave for ten minutes and then rinse it off. It also acts as a wonderful cleanser which brightens the face.
- Multani mitti also helps in getting rid of sun tan and to reduce pigmentation. Add some essential oil with multani mitti for your face pack and it will give soft supple skin in no time.
- You can use fuller earth as a scrub too, multani mitti removes black heads and white heads completely. Add multani mitti with grinded almonds and glycerine soap and use this mixture to scrub your face.
- Do you know multani mitti is used to wash hair? I never knew this till my grandmother told me. You know dadimaa ke nuskhe 😉 she told me how in yesteryear when there was no shampoo or soap, multani mitti was their saviour. You could apply a paste of multani mitti on your head and let it dry. First, it will give the coolness you were dying to have in these dreadful summer.
- Second, this makes hair so smooth and silky. I have tried this and I can’t tell you how good that felt. Although I have oily hair so this pack couldn’t wash off the extra oil but my hair felt so smooth. And a secret, regular use of multani mitti as a hair mask prevents premature greying of hair 😉
Had enough of benefits of multani mitti? Do you have something else to share? I am all ears to know how you liked this article 🙂
You might also like these