Not all of us are blessed with rosy-pink lips. The lip-pigmentation can be genetic. But many people turn their lips dark by consuming too much caffeine or smoking. Sun exposure also darkens the lips.
Getting rid of bad habits and applying a lip balm with SPF is the least you can do to protect your pretty pucker.
Here are some home-remedies that you can follow on your path to soft, pink lips-
- We all know the benefits of exfoliation. Our lips can use some exfoliation as well. Take some sugar and mix it with butter or your cold cream. Use this mixture to scrub your lips to get rid of dullness.
- Lemon juice- the natural bleach can be used on lips as it is. But for some moisture, mix it with almond oil and apply on your lips and leave overnight. Massage daily and you can expect results soon.
- If you donâ€™t mind using oils, then reach out for that bottle of olive oil in your kitchen-shelf. Massage your lips daily with few drops of olive oil before going to bed. It softens the lips as well as reduces pigmentation.
- For giving your lips some spa style pampering- soak a few rose petals in milk for some time. Add in some honey and glycerine. Apply this paste on lips and remove after 15 minutes while scrubbing gently. Follow this daily and transform your lips.
- This one is the easiest and well-known- After brushing your teeth, take a soft toothbrush and use it to scrub your lips. It removes dead-skin and gives you fresh and soft lips.
- Crush some seeds of pomegranate and mix it with some milk-cream. Apply it daily and get ready for pink, plump lips.
Hope you like the tips. Follow the one, that suits you best and flaunt a pretty pout.
What methods do you follow to get rid of dark lips?
You might also like reading these:-