6 Easy Body Polishing Scrubs Made At Home
Our skin gets exposed to a variety of things every day. From dust, pollution to sun rays and other chemicals. Body polishing comes in our rescue then. It is an effective way to cleanse, exfoliate and moisture your skin for that healthy, glowing and supple skin. Body polishing helps our skin to restore the lost luster and fight against the odds and adversities of daily torture.
We woman often take good care of our facial skin, but knowingly or unknowingly ignore the rest of our body. But we can easily restore our skinâ€™s natural glow by doing a bit of more at home. No need to visit any spa or massage centre or parlour. No need to pressurize your pockets. So with the wedding season round the corner, we can try skin polishing at home without spending huge bucks.
The process of skin polishing is pretty easy. It starts with an exfoliation treatment in order to remove the dead cell layers and even our skin, followed by cleansing, toning and moisturising.
Things youâ€™ll need:-
- Loofah/pumice stone.
- Olive oil
- Scrubs (Homemade or readymade)
- Aromatic oils of your choice
- Then comes the most crucial part, Exfoliation. Take a scrub of your choice and gently massage it on your body with small circular motions. This will remove all dead skin cells and toxins.
- Vigorously massage the olive oil into your skin. Vigorously massaging will help in proper blood circulation. Our skin is always shedding and renewing, the massaging friction hastens a blemish free new skin to emerge. The olive oil will condition your skin and will make scrubbing easier and gentler.
- Take a warm water shower first. This will help in opening up all pores on the skin, and prepare the skin for the steps to follow.
- Use loofah/pumice stone on the rough areas of your body, like knees and elbows. You can buy loofah from Flipkart.com here
- After that wipe off the exfoliating scrubs with a warm towel and then massage your skin with aromatic essential oil. The essential oils will moisturize your skin and the aroma will enliven your mind and soul.
Some of my favorite body scrubs:-
Strawberry and Sugar: Strawberry happens to be my favorite ingredient when it comes to body polishes. I mash two ripe strawberries and mix 7-8 spoons of sugar crystals to it
Nut and fresh cream: I coarsely ground a few almonds and mix it with fresh cream. This creamy body scrub exfoliates skin leaving it super-soft and smooth, and has a sweet and nutty fragrance.
Peach and Aloe Vera: Take out the pulp of two peaches and one Aloe Vera leaf. Mash them together and add 7-8 spoons of sugar crystals. This exfoliating body scrub smells like freshly picked peaches. It lifts away dead skin cells and leaves skin peachy-soft and peachy-fresh.
Cocoa Butter and Nut: I bought Palmer’s cocoa butter formula online a few days back and used it to make body polishing scrub. And trust me; it worked sooo well for my winter dry skin. Palmer’s cocoa butter formula heals and softens dry and rough skin whereas the nut granules I add exfoliate skin. A perfect recipe.
Orange peel and Almond crush honey Scrub: Rich in vitamin C, mix the coarsely blended orange peel with granules of almond and spoons of honey.
Sea Salt and Honey: Sea saltÂ naturally exfoliates skin, removing dead skin cells and leaving your skin with a healthy glow. Whereas honey is a great moisturizer.
Hope these will help you in the process of body polishing.
Have good, clean fun and smooth skin 😀
How do you exfoliate your skin?
You might like to read:-