Ever been embarrassed because of the way your feet smell? Well, having smooth soft feet is not the only thing that we would want, it is also important for your feet to smell good, or at least not stink.
I have always had soft, smooth feet but lately I had developed bad feet odor. It made me very irritated because I didnâ€™t have time to indulge myself in the long sessions of pedicures. So I decided to try a few home remedies for my feet and it surprised me how inexpensive and quick these remedies were! Since I have benefited myself, I would love to share these home remedies with you all!
Take Â½ cup Epsom salt (commonly known as Saindha Namak) and dissolve it in 8 cups of warm water.Â Soak your feet for 30 minutes. Dry thoroughly and apply foot cream. Repeat every day for maximum benefits.
Baking Soda & Lemon
This is a terrific duo! It doesnâ€™t just whiten teeth and work on acne like magic, it also kills the feet odor!
Just take Â¼ cup of baking soda, extract the juice of a lemon and dissolve it in 8 cups of warm water. Soak your feet for 20 minutes. Dry thoroughly and apply foot cream. Repeat every alternate day for maximum benefits.
Add Â½ cup of apple cider vinegar to 8 cups warm water. Soak your feet for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Dry thoroughly and apply foot cream. Repeat every day for maximum benefits.
Add Â¼ cup of bleaching powder to 8 cups warm water. Soak your feet for 30 minutes. Dry thoroughly and apply foot cream. Repeat every day for maximum benefits.
Listerine Mouth Wash
I know, it sounds funny! Mouthwash to kill feet odor! But trust me, it works like a wonder! Take a cotton ball and saturate it with Listerine. Apply to your feet and dry thoroughly. Donâ€™t miss the gap between your toes. Wash off and apply foot cream.
Steep 2-3 tea bags in a bowl filled with warm water. Soak your feet for 15 minutes. The tannins are helpful in neutralizing odor and rejuvenating tired feet..
Apart from these soaks, you should also keep these things in mind:
- Zinc deficiency also causes feet odor. Try to increase your zinc intake. Spinach, pumpkin, cashew nuts, beans, mushrooms are very rich in zinc.
- Try sprinkling some baking soda in your shoes. It will absorb the feet odor, kill bacteria and will keep feet dry.
- Try not to wear the same pair of shoes/sandals every day.
- Wash your feet with warm, soapy water every day.
- Allow your feet to breathe. Keep them open often so that they can stay fresh.
- If your favorite shoes smell bad, just keep them under direct sunlight for a day or two. The smell will disappear!
Hope you will find my article useful!
Do you have more home remedies for foot odor to share with us?
You might also like reading these:-
- Mont Blanc Femme Individuelle Soul And Senses Perfume Review
- Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream Review
- Lâ€™Oreal White Perfect Triple Whitening Toner Review
- MAC Vibrant Grape Eyeshadow Review & Swatches
- Adidas Shower Gel Review