I love those juicy strawberries and their pretty bright color 😀 Well strawberries arenâ€™t only â€œyummyâ€ they are amazing for your skin as well. So after your ice creams, shakes, biscuits, cakes your skincare is going to get a strawberry flavour too. How awesome, you can eat them while preparing to use them on your skin 😛
Letâ€™s see these amazing benefits of strawberries for our beauty as those little pieces of goodness are rich in Vitamin C and Follic Acid.
- Strawberries contain the anti-oxidant ellagic acid which prevents collagen destruction which is one of the major causes of wrinkle formation. Ellagic acid has a photoprotective effect that works against UV damage by stifling the production of MMP, which are enzymes that contribute in destruction of collagen. This prevents wrinkles from forming on the skin, thereby providing a healthy supple look to your face.
- Overripe strawberries work best for silky and shiny hair, so if you have a few that are almost too ripe to eat, use them in a hair mask instead! Mash up 7-8 strawberries with a tablespoon of mayonnaise until it’s turned into a paste. Apply this thoroughly to the hair and scalp, making sure that it’s fully covering. Leave in for about 20 minutes and then wash your hair out with shampoo. You’ll notice that your hair has gotten an instant shine boost with this simple tip.
- Strawberry juice contains multiple compounds and antioxidants which work to refresh your skin cells, and help you to achieve a healthy glow (the only thing we need). For an easy refresher at any time, cut a strawberry in half and then rub the halves over your face, applying a thin layer of the juice to your skin. Leave on for a few minutes and then rinse off with cool water. The results are amazing and you’ll notice how this works as a great pick-me-up at any time of day.
- Rich in vitamin C, strawberries can be used to make excellent face masks to fight oily skin, as well as nourish and revitalize your skin. Strawberries are acidic in nature and this is effective to remove the excess sebum on skin.
- Strawberry juice is very efficient in lightening blemishes and acne scars. Strawberry juice had skin lightening extracts as well as ellagic acid which reduces dark spots on skin. Simply apply strawberry juice to the dark spot on skin using a cotton ball and rinse thoroughly afterward.
- Strawberry can be used as a skin toner. Grind the strawberries to extract the juice. Mix two teaspoons of strawberry juice with 50 ml of rose water and refrigerate it. You can apply it instead of your regular skin toner to achieve wrinkle free, blemish free and younger looking skin as natural things are better than the formulated ones.
- If you struggle with acne, strawberries can help to decrease breakouts. Take about 7 strawberries and mash them into a paste, adding a tablespoon of sour cream. Apply to your face and then leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off and use this remedy twice a week for the best results. You’ll notice a change in your skin tone and less acne when used consistently.
Whenever I use strawberries on my skin they give an instant glowing effect and my skin glows thatâ€™s why I love them even more :-D. So I hope youâ€™ll make the most out of your strawberries. Okay make a rule, eat all save 2 for skin, itâ€™ll be easy this way. 😛
Do you use strawberry for your skin?
You might like to read:-