All About Marjoram Essential Oil & Its Benefits
Essential oils have become truly essential due to their numerous health benefits and extensive uses. From treating medical issues, aromatherapy to massage blends and skin-care DIY recipes, essential oils are used extensively.
There are wide ranges of essential oils available in the market, and each has its own health benefits. Today weâ€™ll be discussing about Marjoram essential oil and its benefits.
What is Marjoram Oil
Our marjoram oil is extracted from â€œOriganum marjorana or Origanum hortensis of the Labiatae familâ€ and is also known as knotted marjoram.â€ It is a tender bushy perennial herb which has hairy stem, dark green oval leaves and small pine and citrus, white or pink flowers. Marjoram oil is extracted from the fresh and dried leaves and flowering tops of the plant.
Mainly found in the pages of Greek history. The word “Origanum” is from the Greek word ‘orosganos’ meaning â€œjoy of the mountainâ€ as the herb was mainly found in the mountains and was considered a â€œJoyâ€ due to great medicinal properties.
- Warm with calming effect.
- Woody, herbaceous, slightly spicy smell
- Colorless to pale yellow/amber in color.
- Treats and cure Asthma.
- Provides relief from stress and anxiety.
- Effective in providing relief from chronic coughing.
- Aids in curing spasms, bacterial and viral infection.
- Protects wounds from becoming septic.
- Reduces body ache associate with fever and cold.
- Reduces toothache.
- Reduces muscle pain and joint pains. The calming effect works wonders.
- Strengthen nervous system.
- Keeps brain healthy and active
- Lower the risk of heart ailments
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Improves blood circulation with its warming effect.
- Aids in proper digestion.
- Helps in insomnia.
- Used in â€œraindrop techniqueâ€ where it involves applying marjoram essential oil to the spine, neck and feet.
- Reduces period cramps.
- Cures constipation.
- Helps to suppress or control sexual desire. (This property is beneficial for those who are suffering from abnormal and extreme sexual urges.)
- Handles gas troubles.
- Promotes perspiration and keeps you healthy by removing toxins, sodium salts and excess water from the body.
- Helps to control uric acid.
- Clear menses and make them regular.
- Treats and cure acne.
- Reduces age spots and wrinkles.
- Reduces dandruff and skin inflammations.
- Can be sued as fragrances.
- Strewn on the floor to mask unpleasant smells.
How to use
- A few drops of the oil can be added to your bath water. This has a curiously relaxing effect.
- You can apply 2-3 drops with few tbsp of any other massage oil and massage on the joint and muscle pain area.
- Can be blended with other ingredients to make your favorite DIY recipes.
- You can mix with other essential oils as well, like lavender, cypress, cedar wood, chamomile, bergamot, eucalyptus and tea tree.
- You can add a few drops with your favorite cream and lotion and massage on skin.
It is suggested that you consult a qualified aroma-therapist first. If you are under medication, then consult with your doctor before using this oil.
PREGNANT WOMAN SHOULD STRICTLY STAY AWAY FROM MARJOMA ESSENTIAL OIL.
So now you know why Marjoram essential oil was called oil of joy and happiness by the ancient Greeks and Romans.
Have you tried Marjoram Essential Oil?
You might like to read:-
- The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm Raspberry Review
- Tinted lip balm â€“ Maybelline lip smooth refreshing tinted lip balm review and swatches
- Maybelline Color Bloom Lip Balm in Peach Blossom Review
- Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm Pomegranate Review & Swatches
- MUA Love Hearts Lip Balm Kiss Me Review & Swatches