Last time I shared the recipe of paneer/Indian cheese kachori so thought of sharing allo kachori recipe today.Its nor a difficult recipe and if you can make pooris than you can make these also.I am telling you this because I always thought of making kachori as a big time consuming task.
Ingredients needed – (For four people)
- PlainÂ maida(All purpose flour) (300gm or three small cups)
- Suji (Semolina )Â (100 gm or 1 small cup)
- 2 tbsp of ghee or vegetable oil
- 3 medium sized potatoes(Boil and mashed )
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed coarsely
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Â½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin and coriander powder
- Â½ tsp dry mango powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
Â Method and Preparation:-
- Take a panÂ and add cumin seeds(jeera) , finely chopped green chillies, onion , ginger paste and saute it for two minutes.
- Add Coriander seeds, cumin , red chili powder, garam masala, dry mango powder(amchoor) and remove it.If you have rasinins and cashew nutsÂ in too .
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt and keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl and addÂ purpose flour(maida), vegetable ghee, salt and knead the dough with luke warm water.It should be a tight dough.Now cover the dough and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Take lime sized portion of the dough and fill the potato filling like we do in usual paratha making and make small stuffed allo poori .It is similar to what we make aalo paratha.I generally make my paratha and kachoriÂ this way .
- In another pan heat oil and deep fry the kachoris.
Serve with any chutney of your choice.
- If you find kachori’s too oily then place them on paper napkin to soak up the excess oil.
Happy Saturday !! 🙂
You might like reading this also:-