Amazing Uses Of Glycerin
One of the most commonly used ingredients in various skin and hair recipes is Glycerin which is actually a organic compound which has high solubility with water and so it is easily employed to be used in various DIY recipes used for skin and hair.
Glycerin is actually a colorless, odorless compound which has moisturizing properties and has a gentle pH value as that of water. It is an active ingredient of most of the skincare product we use in our day to day lives!
Here I have listed some must know benefits of Glycerin in day to day life! Have a look!
Benefits and Uses of Glycerin:
- This is a cleansing agent and so can be used to cleanse skin.
- Glycerin can be used as a skin toner to restore the skin pH.
- It moisturizes skin and keep it well hydrated. If your skin is lacking water and getting dehydrated then glycerin diluted in water can restore it.
- Glycerin can also be used to treat pimples and acne. It’s a great solution to oily skin.
- If you have sensitive skin and most of the products break you out then try glycerin. It can be a perfect product for you.
- If you have cracked heels then after washing them apply glycerin and sleep in the night. It can treat them well.
- It also works like a sunscreen to some extent. So why don’t you apply this when you are at home if you don’t want to use sunscreen?
- Do you have clogged pores? Then use glycerin to get rid of them.
- Are you getting pigmented or getting tanned? Then glycerin can save you.
- After removing nail polish your nails may look so dry. Apply few drops of glycerin to your bare nails and allow it to moisturize them.
- Have scars left by pimples or acne? Then apply this to your scars to get rid of them.
- If you have dry skin then before applying moisturizer, apply diluted glycerin since this gets absorbed into the skin easily.
How To Use Glycerin?
For baby soft skin:
- Dilute a tablespoon of glycerin in 10 tablespoons of water and apply this regularly on clean skin before going to bed. This will get absorbed into your skin and work well to give you soft and supple skin.
- You can also apply the same in the morning before applying any creams while the skin is still damp after cleansing your face.
If you are trying to get rid of wrinkles and all the aging signs then glycerin can help you. Add it to all the face packs you use.
- Mix some glycerin and rosewater in egg white and apply this to clean face and leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
- Mix some honey and glycerin; apply this to clean face and leave it till your skin absorbs it well. Rinse it off.
As a Toner:
- Mix rose water and glycerin 3:1 or 4:1 ration and dab it on clean freshly washed skin with a cotton ball while your skin is still damp.
- You can also use other herbs like mint, basil, etc. to make toner. Just boil few leaves in some water and mix glycerin in it. Use it as skin toner as mentioned above.
- If you want you can also mix it in plain water and apply it on skin.
As a Moisturizer:
- Mix some glycerin in aloe vera gel or any other gel as per your wish and use it.
- You can also mix it in rose water and use it as moisturizer or you can call it a serum; but try to keep the concentration of glycerin high than the in toner recipe.
As a Cleanser:
- Mix few drops of glycerin with a tablespoon of milk or yogurt. Apply this to your skin and leave it for a while and then rinse.
- Mix few drops of glycerin with honey and use it as a cleanser. You can also add few drops of lemon juice to it.
This way glycerin can be used in pretty many ways to treat your skin and get healthy and glowing skin.
I hope you like these amazing uses of glycerin! Do try some of these and you will preach about it to others! 🙂
Have you tried glycerin for any of these uses before?
You might also like to read:-
- Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick #54 Fuchsia Review & Swatches
- Chambor Flowing Lipstick Stay On Color in Plum Rose Review
- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipcolour in Top Tier Truffle (090) Review & Swatches
- Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color Pink Rave 02 Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Lime Crime Velvetine Suedeberry Review & Swatches